Sunday, November 07, 2010

From the mouths of babes…….

On the first day of school, the Kindergarten teacher said, "If anyone has to go to the bathroom, hold up two fingers." A little voice from the back of the room asked, "How will that help?"

The mouth. Maybe the most miraculous ‘invention’ ever. Eating. Drinking. Breathing. Communicating. Sucking. Facial expression. Secondary sexual function, you know, like kissing. Ok, let’s stop there for now…. perverts.

A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it was. Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted, "Thou shall not take the covers off thy neighbor's wife."

A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. (Henry Ford).. Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. (Charles Scribner, Jr)… Don’t let your mouth write a check that your tail can’t cash. (Bo Diddley)..

A new neighbor asked the little girl next door if she had any brothers and sisters. She replied, "No, I'm the lonely child."

We’re educated by the mouths of others.. we train the mouths of our own children.. We’d be helpless without our mouths in our daily quest to communicate, coexist, compromise, speak our peace, laugh, love.

A three-year-old went with his dad to see a litter of kittens. On returning home, he breathlessly informed his mother there were two boy kittens and two girl kittens. "How did you know?" his mother asked. "Daddy picked them up and looked underneath," he replied. "I think it's printed on the bottom."

From our mouths come impact. “Ask not what our Country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” (JFK). "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend" (Albert Camus) “"Pardonnez-moi, monsieur," (Marie Antoinette, a polite apology she uttered as she stepped on the executioners toes before she was beheaded.) “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

Another three-year old put his shoes on by himself. His mother noticed the left was on the right foot. She said, "Son, your shoes are on the wrong feet." He looked up at her with a raised brow and said, "Don't kid me, Mom. I KNOW they're my feet."

If A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y and Z, with X being work, Y play, and Z keeping your mouth shut. (Einstein.) It’s better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Twain). A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.

"Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough”…… "No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with."… "Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck."

I’ve “fer sure” opened my big mouth and said things I regret. Once outta mouth, ya can’t bring it back. I’ve also heard some wonderful things from the mouths of others.. And, thankfully, I believe I’ve said some wonderful things upon occasion to others. Without our mouths – fostering love would be greatly more difficult.

From my beloved 6 year old neighbor, whom had a slight lisp. As we sat down to enjoy our picnic lunch “Can I shit with you guys?”..

I can’t believe I’m quoting a Chickenhawk. Am though. Today’s paper. Yesterday, KU’s football team had their greatest comeback of alltime. 30-some points in the 4th quarter. At halftime, head coach Turner Gill mouthed/emphasized “relentless.” After the game, Gill espoused “Sometimes, words trigger something in people’s minds.”

Watch your mouth. Cover your mouth when coughing/sneezing. Zip it. “Or we’ll wash it out with soap.” He/she’s mouthy.

No fancy words of wisdom for which to end. Just writing (again please remember) to me. Use your mouth wisely. Let it smile at others each and every time you see them. Think for several seconds before ever, ever responding. Don’t fear tossing out the word ‘love’, it’s very much a feel good. Know when enuff is enuff.

Enuff. Love, Victurd.

No comments: