Sunday, September 09, 2007

That was the week that was………

Never understood why Sunday is the first day of the calendar week… I know I know there are peeps out there that ain’t in the Monday thru Friday grind… but I thinks most of us is… Also, Dolly’s song, “9 to 5”.. that always bugged the shit outta me… who works ‘9 to 5’? Are we’n’s in the Midwest gettin’ screwed?

Morning paper…. Southwest Airlines boots lady off flight because her dress is too short…. Nuther article… Parental Advocate groups are complaining because there is no monitoring of motion pictures onboard airlines and today’s movies of aggression and somewhat ‘indecent’ scenes have the PA group wanting the FAA to set guidelines.. Make up your minds airlines! That was a weird combo…

Impetus… Sometimes in life we needs impetus to get our lazy butts off our ass and into gear… into action.. A recent emailed pic of Wally, The Beav, and Eddie Haskell - (how they look, today, 2007) wadn’t pretty - and the thought was “holy shit’… makes ya wanna take a few laps around the track… buy some Oil of Olay.. Do something young and stupid like a 1anda half off the diving board… Saw Bob Newhart reunion.. Same thing… GD time flies..

Life’s been a big zit of late… Victor, are you gonna bitch, moan, throw pity party? Mebbe.. .but justa tiny one! Remember the feeling of having a humongous zit on your face? You didn’t wanna go out in public.. You couldn’t wait for this time to pass… No matter what you did, that big ole zit stared you in the face.. You got the hee-bee-jeebies looking in the mirror? The ‘complexion of my life needs a change… ‘a pinch’…. eww.. Hehe..

I, an old fart, am a lucky Kansas Citian.. I got to sneak outta school in for the Super Bowl parade my Senior Year… and… I sat proudly in the VERY last row of Game 7, 1985 World Series (we played the Cardinals.. I had on an old shirt.. I’d drawn a picture of the State of Missouri on it… and written in magic marker “May the WEST team win”.. corny, I know.. But you’ve been here.. So deal with it!).. Anyways.. I’ve lived thru the best of times with sports teams in our town… I pity anyone 22 or younger… They’ve got to think we’ve always sucked. On the other hand - we did get more than one first down today.. And A-Rod only hit one homer today versus two yesterday… reckon we should count our blessings…

Seen in the paper… somewhere back East… kids are no longer allowed to play tag… holy crap.. To me… that was the very first inkling of any such thing as there being something special about boy/girl… if Suzie chased you, that meant she liked you.. Wouldn’ta known what to do had she caught me.. But I remember the thrill of it.. No longer… Tag was followed closely by climbing the rope… I remember… as I climbed the rope.. WOW… .what’s that kinda sensation? Hey Coach? Can I do it again?.. Victor, did you really just tell that? Uh huh, I thinks I did!

Reid and Soanya… only 859 days left at sea to make it 1000.. Not much new really… They were painting places Reid repaired from their collision at sea.. She said she wanted to help.. So he harnessed her in.. helped her over the edge… she had second thoughts.. .basically, without saying as much, said “are you fucking crazy?”… Sad thing is, yes, I think he is. (Victor you’re just jealous because he convinced a 23 yr old to live with him for three years)… yeah.. Mebbe you’re right…

Ok, done. Tired. This week: let’s… let’s email someone we ain’t emailed in awhile.. let’s call someone we ain’t called in awhile… let’s pop in (I’m rude that way, but it usually gets me a free beer) on someone we ain’t popped in on in awhile… and let’s… let’s do one nice thing to spoil ourselves… Deal?

Have a great week… oh… and for experimentation purposes… hell… let’s give anyone and everyone we see (of the opposite sex) that look.. Like… “bebbe, I WANT you”.. and see what happens.. Victor, you’re tired, go to bed… Ok dammit… Happy week, love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, LOVE IT when you pop in. We have a fridge full of Boulevard right now!

Matt has a soccer game at the fanschy stadium tonight...the one by the river...just sayin'...

You made our day the other day. Thanks for coming by! I don't know who was more excited...the kids...the dog...or me!

Love you.