Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rain-X……. water on a duck’s feathers…..

Chicky at work, nice chicky, we were summing up work (it can be hell, lemme tellya… love where I work… what I do… but virtually every employee has 40 hours to do what takes 50 hours… ).. Anyways… this chicky winged a nice one… she said “You know Victor, I want to be like you… where everything rolls off your back.”…..

Woah Nellie… dunno about that one… but I’m appreciative of the comp.

I do try to stay non-excitable, and I spose the reasons are various… I’m slow in deducting what’s been said - and my Murpy’s Law reaction to same.. WAY too many times over the years I’ve muttered words to reply to what’s just been said - and I regret what I blurt THE VERY SECOND it escapes my lips… so mebbe from that I’ve learned…

Are u like me though in that people probably wouldn’t like you if they knew exactly what was going thru you brain about them/the situation?… I mean, sometimes I wanna wail, but I do resist the urge…

Thankfully, I guess, there are one or two around our camp that do ‘talk ugly’ about a co-worker - and it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard listening to it….

And… I guess I’m nice because you just never know where one’s “LAGNAF” (let’s all get naked and foolaround”) may come from!

Not all things roll of like rain on a Rain-X windshield though… (Have u used that crap? It rocks)..

We’ve all had things said to us in a millisecond that affect us forever and ever. I personally have been haunted for six years now by whatshernamerodeoffonaHarley’s statement “You need someone.” It sets me up for failure and diminished self esteem pretty decently.

Funny, how in one single sentence, you can carry something for life. There are good ‘carries’, and there are yuck carries. None of ‘em stray too far from our brain, too long.

The positive ones keep us going, trying harder, working harder, the angst to “do good” in this world because someone thinks we are/were/should/will.

And then the comments that backhandedly tell us “you’re a worthless piece of shit.” that we have to fend off… thwart… just so “no” it ain’t true… for the remainder of our time here.

Cuts, about our looks.. Our minds.. Our lives… our families… - we never forget them….

That Rain-X, it’ll block that crap from the windshield.. But from there.. It goes into the vents into the engine.. And that ain’t good…

I’m sorry this isn’t funny… edge-of-the-chair ‘ha-ha’ kinda words… but….

It’s a reminder… to me… maybe to you….

When we open our mouths… please Lord give us the fortitude and the short-range planning ability to never-ever say something to someone that will affect them negatively forever and ever.. And grant us the ability to discern what would and what won’t affect our friends…

Water does run down windshields… Work/and all that crap that comes with it does roll-off… Stuff said that’s highly personal has an anchor-like affect - and it’s hard to get ridda it.

Hey, thanks for being here… oh.. And… have you ever tried ‘Crest for Halitosis Breath”.?.. Did you forget where the friggin’ front door is? (ie, get out there and walk a bit.)…

Just teasing. Make it a point to NOT HOLD BACK and say GOOD THINGS to someone when you think ‘em. We all know “feel good” when good crap is said to us. Make it a goal THE RESTA your life - to share when you see good in a person. Trust me, it’ll feel good, both ways.

Loveya bunches, Victurd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rain-X rules! And so does your blog :) Now that I am no longer at your 'camp', I can read it on the daily....SO GET TO WRITIN!! Love you!