Thursday, September 27, 2007

If I were dying…..

I ain’t… well, am… but we all am…

I don’t know how much of the every day stuff I’d change if I did suddenly find out if I was dying.. You?

I know I’d go to photo albums to try to recreate the years… relive them… somehow artificially extend those years.. I know from reading my own crap I’m in love with yesterday – and perhaps it’s not a wonderful trait… but I kinda think it is.. why would one look excitedly to tomorrow if yesterday didn’t conjure up fun mems?

Oh, I think come hell (please, say no) or high water, I’d make my way to Cooperstown, Niagara Falls, NYC, the 4 dead guys in granite….

Ifn’s I was told “one year”.. hell, I might even call hospice and see if they could recommend some hot 50-something chicky in the same boat – for a six month excursion to nowhere.. just go…

Then I’d come back and stare at my two nieces so I could “see” my sister again… I’d go to Fulton, my roots, and envision growing up there from my folk’s eyes…

I’d write, s’more and s’more… I’d tell all those in my life that have given me a chuckle, or set an example – just that. I’d use the L word without caution. I’d maybe tell a few that I’ve wanted to sleep with so badly that “I’ve wanted to sleep with you so badly.” Hehe. Victor, you’re a pig. Oink! I’d undress ‘em with my eyeballs right there and then. (Again!)

I think I’d skydive. No desire to now, but if I learned I was keelin’, I think I would. I’d go do the “Richard Petty Experience.” (Where you drive a race car at unheard of speeds around the track.)

I’d hug, everyone from the lady handing me my breakfast at HyVee, to my son – who walks with my blood. I’d study eyeballs more closely. I’d focus on other’s smiles. I’d makea list of 20 people older than me that I haven’t seen in awhile – and go find them.

I’d buy a new stereo, CD burner, and immerse myself with favs.. loudly…

I’d buy a new suit. (Hell, if I gotta wear one the resta my… what would you call it?)… Might as well buy one I liked. Maybe puta pic of Elisabeth Shue in ma pocket!

I’d drive buy every place I’ve ever worked, sit, and simply remember. Victor, that’s a lotta gas. Screw you, I know I’ve had a lotta jobs – but – thinka all the people I’ve been afforded to know.

I’d make a list of all the ones I’ve doinked, and try to remember the feeling. Perhaps that’s piggish, but I don’t think either one would mind! Hehe.

I’d tell you, the sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t blog reader, thanks.

In a way, we’re all dying. No, it shouldn’t be a goal to wakeup and thinka that… perhaps if we just remember time, and it’s preciousness..

Gotta run now. Gonna Google “skydive, Kansas City, Mo”… Love you all… Love life.. Victurd.

No comments: