Saturday, August 27, 2005

Someone asked.......

"Are you Ok?"..... Yes, better than Ok. I've long loved this 52 year rollercoaster... and of recent years, in descent, I've long awaited the slow, cranklike pace back up to the apex of the rollercoaster.... I've joked "I can't friggin wait to get to the top to see who's in the car with me." My eyes are getting clearer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note... Last weekend Debbie and I had the date to the Chiefs (She was an immdediate hit with all)... We sat in the company suite... The company has leased it all year for the games - and when the regular season opens - us footsoldiers are understandably kicked back to the curb - and they call in clients, vendors, transportation partners...

I got an email from a feller in Baltimore who'd learned "Hey Vic, I understand the XXX Company is going to do some entertaining in the near future.. and I'd love to attend and meet you guys.."

So I emailed my boss:

Ken,

Marc from ABC Company emailed me and said he has interest in attending a future XXX Company entertainment night upcoming... I told him I really didn't know anything about it.. but that I'd forward his question on..

Oh, and if it includes free liquor, I'd love to come as well..

Vic

Ken (he of frequent tongue-in-cheek) walked later in the day to my desk... Says "well we're inviting Joe from XYZ Company in Baltimore.. in fact they're coming down for the Eagles game.. We're not interested in you attending, but we kinda would like to fix him up with Debbie."

Hehe. Sorry boss - but I like your taste!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»