Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Mini-thoughts.......Art Linkletter

was right......

Sis-inlaw's daughter had a passion for her cats and dogs. A few moons back, when asked what she wanted to be when she grew up.... sis-inlaw's kid answered "A Vegetarian."

Logan came to our house to play... Ripped around for an hour with son.. Asked "Logie, are you hungry?"... He stopped... Ran to the phone... Dialed... "Mom? Did we have lunch yet?"...

Ms. Vickie, all of three... asleep in her bed... prior to dozing, she'd strategically placed 37 stuffed animals completely around the silhouette of her body. 'Round midnight 'mom' comes in.. one by one pulls them off her bed back to the shelves where they had long lived. As she lifted the final stuffed toy.. Vickie deadpanned "I knew you'd ass it up."

Said by a six year old gal in uniform to a wet-behind-the-ears fledging young PE teacher - at a time when he wasn't chasing Jason around "Mr. (what's-his-last-name) I'm a Brownie.. Wanna eat me?"

Said amidst a game of hide-n-seek by youngest daughter to mom.. "Mom.. Have you seen Valerie?".... "welllll... have you looked under the refrigerator?"... Youngest daughter drops on all fours... eyeballs to the linoleum to peek for sister.

Little Ricky always kinda slurred his "S"'s... He would always ask "Can I schitt here?"... "C'mere Vic, you schitt over here."... or.. at the completion of round one of a long game of hide-n-seek.. "I'm tired, I'm schittin thisch one out." No schitt, he'd schay schitt like that.

Studying the planets in first grade... stepson rose to his feet.. announced (and we had no idea where he got this) "Girl's are from Jupiter, that's why they're stupider." He did receive time out... we were actually called on this one... Too damn liberal I guess, we simply laughed!

I remember, I was kinda sorta still a kid... I loved baseball like no other... The very year they started having WORLD SERIES day games. SHIT. (Actually, I probably said 'shucks' back then.)....... so..... Cardinals/Yankees (I think)... Game 2, 1960-something, started about 1pm... 'round 12:30pm mother gets call from school nurse. "Victor's sick? What's wrong with him."... "well, he's telling us he has 'The Runs'"..... "Ok, thanks, I'll be there in a jiffy to get him." I'll be damned if she didn't pull up to school (probably dressed in Cardinal red) and she was waving a roll of toilet paper out the window. Hehe. I loved my mom. Moms rock.

Ok, Henry Gibson cutting it short today. Today more like blawg as I feel like crapola. The bastards at work... I asked chicky if she thought I had a fever... she said yes and then "THAT'S when you are MOST contagious"... next thing I know, Nurse Wratchet was at my desk announcing "Finish that task, then get your butt out of here." Shit. I never miss work. I respect my job too much to do that. I ain't a brain surgeon, but if I ain't there, no one knows how to do what I do. Going to study my eyelids. Happy resta the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»