Tuesday, May 22, 2018

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza

"Retirement is great, but be careful - if you are sedentary, it'll end quick."

Call me a 'tweener.' I like sedentary, mixed with occasionally losing 3 or 7 golf balls on the friendly course I play. My bucket list probably ain't like the bucket list of many....

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, a hole
Then mend it, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, dear Goofy
Then mend it, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, then mend it

I hear "Cancun, an all inclusive... Niagra Falls, viewed from the Canadian side... Rome, Paris, Venice, London..."

With what shall I mend it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I mend it, dear Liza, with what?
With some straw, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, dear Goofy
With some straw, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, some straw

I wake up daily thinking "when is my 18 year old body coming back?"... I go to the gym (some days, scroll to sedentary/mix) and I see other fellow raisins grunting, groaning, frowning, sweating... crunches, upper body machines, lower body machines, treadmill pitter patter at Wile E. Coyote pace, mountain climbers, MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS? Nuttin' personal Grundy Newton, but I had enough of them in HS I NEVER wanna do another - ever.

The straw is too long, dear Liza, dear Liza
The straw is too long, dear Liza, too long
Then cut it, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, dear Goofy
Then cut it, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, then cut it

More bucket (of most) Run a marathon, take an African Safari, Write a story, Walk along the Great Wall of China, learn to play in instrument, Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef...

With what shall I cut it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I cut it, dear Liza, with what?
With a knife, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, dear Goofy
With a knife, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, with a knife

Ahm, marathon will never happen, sorry... Safari? I have a great fear of being gored by a Rhino, eaten by a lion, having my bag of Fritos stolen by an elephant - no thanks... Write a story? Oh sure, I love to write - but I don't think anyone can correctly pen the final chapter.. Great Walls have falls.. I flunked out on the tonette in 7th grade, I've already snorkeled, was cool, but done that...

The knife is too dull, dear Liza, dear Liza
The knife is too dull, dear Liza, too dull
Then sharpen it, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, dear Goofy
Then sharpen it, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, sharpen it

Skydiving, Own a dog, See the pyramids of Giza, learn another language, ride a Venetian Gondola...

With what shall I sharpen it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I sharpen it, dear Liza, with what?
With a stone, dear Goofy, dear goofy, dear Goofy
With a stone, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, with a stone

Skydive, are you crazy? Own a dog? I WOULD like that one, but somehow gotta make the move from Apartment to house, Pyramids? - No thanks, the Baldknobbers works for me.. Learn another language? Hell, I'm still butchering this one after 65 years, why would I do that?..Venetian Gondola? Canoe rapids gimme heart palpatations, no thanks.

The stone is too dry, dear Liza, dear Liza
The stone is too dry, dear Liza, too dry
Then wet it, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, dear Goofy
Then wet it, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, then wet it

Drive across the country, hike the Pacific Crest Trail, take an Alaskan Cruise, See your favorite band...

With what shall I wet it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I wet it, dear Liza, with what?
With water, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, dear Goofy
With water, dear Goofy, dear Goofy, with water

I WOULD like to drive across the country - but, needs me a more dependable car that I know will take me beyond Liberal, KS. (Liberal thrown in simply to irritate you Trump kinda folks, hehe).. Hike that fancy trail? No thanks, Watkins Mill works for me.. Alaskan Cruise? Sure, it'd be nice, but I remember that I keep 'throw's on every chair in the winter, I ain't got one of those fancy "start my car in my PJ's from the inside", cold is poopy.. See my favorite band? 4-5 years ago, the Rolling Stones came to NY, I asked a chick at work, actually had the funds to fly, go do it, she thought long hard, but, you can't always get what you want.. Then, a couple years ago they came to KC, had a GF, she thought, offered "nah, but thanks" - so, no Tuesday Ruby.

In what shall I get it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
In what shall I get it, dear Liza, in what?
In a bucket dear Goofy, dear Goofy, dear Goofy
In a bucket dear Goofy, dear Goofy, in a bucket

Quite frankly, I kinda like being here, plain ole Liberty, MO. The eyeballs (my take) can see amazement anywhere. Victor, is that fancy for "you can't afford all that crap 'cause you didn't plan ahead?" Hehe, kinda - but I really am fine here.

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, a hole

My bucket list simply desires an uneventful ride out, where I am no burden to anyone. Thoughts, prayers moreso for a happy world, healthy grandbabies, an occasional beer with fellow "Bubbas" (Bubbas are a group of old fart men who've butchered previous relationships, we gather fairly frequently to diss the women in the relationships we butchered.) Play golf. Click 'like' on fellow old fart's postings of their grandbabies... family time. 'Bout it.

There's a hole in my bucket list dear Lisa, but I'm cool with that.

Love, Victurd

No comments: