Thursday, May 03, 2018

Gomer, Tarzan and a little Flair.........

Mostly for no reason, I'd love to climb to a mountaintop and belt out some kinda "signature scream/yell/saying"... only because I could.......

Imagine being Gomer - backpacking up a scajillion feet, reaching the top and letting out "WELLLLL GYOLLLLLLL EEEEEEE"...

Or Tarzan... showing off those abs, that skimpy loincloth... climbing to the summit, screeching out “AAH-EEH-AH-EEH-AAAAAH-EEH-AH-EEH-AAAAAH!".... Man that would feel good. Poor kids nowadays... they'll never know 1) whointhehell Tarzan even was, and 2) what his jungle scream sounded like... If by chance, someone nowadays was watching an old Tarzan on onea Spectrum's 15,384 "B Channels" and neighbors heard the “AAH-EEH-AH-EEH-AAAAAH-EEH-AH-EEH-AAAAAH!" one could only guess the convo: "What the hell was that?"... "I dunno, but I think the Fitzgeralds might be fooling around."

Ric Flair, strut yourself up there to the top, jump off the top ring, show us that knife edge drop and belt out the biggest "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" ever!

I'm weird, I just likes me some guttural sound....... you know the one Austin Powers, YEAH BABY I do!

Take me to the mountaintop, I'm taking the day off.. I just wanna holler, hear the echo.. and LAUGH: "WELLLLL GYOLLLLLLL EEEEEEE"... “AAH-EEH-AH-EEH-AAAAAH-EEH-AH-EEH-AAAAAH!".... "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"... YEAH BABY!

Mr. Zevon, might we borrow your Werewolf "AAAAAAAH_HOOOOOOO"?.... THANKS!... "AAAAAAAH_HOOOOOOO"....

Scream it! I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN.....

As I see it.. there are three stages in life where you ride around in your car with the music turned up sooo loud it might tear up onea those cheapy paper speaker thingies:

1) As a kid (fitteen,sixteen)... windows are down... true, no AC back then, but moreso done as an expression.. rebellion.. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT you ask.. well, "you can't make me turn it down!"...

2) At some age, one has children. Upon the occasion they don't happen to be in the car.. a YEAH BABY guttural song comes on (You know, like the Isley Brothers "WE-EEEE-EEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... YOU KNOW YOU MAKE ME WANT TO SHOUT...) and you do some, BUT... The windows are up because - of course - you want to be recognized as an adult - and sure, the preacher, the banker, the neighbor might hear..

3) Old fart age. I saw a meme yesterday "Yes, I rock out in my car. Yes, I'm aware people can see me. No, I don't care." Up with the volume, down with the windows: Good times never seemed so good, SO GOOD, SO GOOD, SO GOOD!

Band camp, a couple years back. At a friend's condo in Chicago. 7 or 8 of us. Chick we were staying with (1st floor) owned the entire building, which included the 3 stories above her. Twenty or sixty-three times on that visit, we were lovingly reminded "CONDO VOICE.. PLEASE USE YOUR CONDO VOICE."

Go ahead, park by that sewer sign, buy a new razor, I don't care, let it all hang out.........

Get to the top Sly, please holler out "YO' ADRIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

My doctor, awhile back.. looked at my BP.. and it was one-fitty over sumpin. 50 mg of some damn pill.. a bit later it was stil one-forty over sumpin. "We'll double that dose." Two weeks later, nope, still too high, here's this small pill, it will fine tune your BP..... NO!!!!!!!! I WANNA GET THAT BP UP.. I WANNA SHOUT.. I WANNA YODEL.. I WANNNA TARZAN, GOMER, RIC, WARREN Z, HAVE MY PUDDING WITHOUT EATING MY DAMN MEAT! I want that BP to temporarily rock out at one-sixty, TYVM.

Am I the only one that ain't a great fan or normal, mundane, "you can't do that"? We're of the question authority era, holler if ya wanna holler, climb to the mountaintop (OK, driving the Jeep up works too) and HOLLER OUT "BOOM SHACKA LACKA LACKA"... or "OYE COMO VA"... BOP IT BIG BOPPER "HELLLO BAAAAYYYYBY!"...

If the music is cranked, you can't hear your spouse (hehe), your annoying friend, or "are we there yet, are we there yet"... screw it all, WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

Borrowing the Modus operandi from my two year old granddaughter (and mebbe from Bonita Allen) I wanna "go like 60"... I wanna be the mylar balloon that accidentally got let go.. I wanna yell, I wanna scream, I wanna headbang - while I still can.

GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE....

Whew.

Love, Victurd

No comments: