Sunday, August 17, 2008

I saw her today at the reception

A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she was gonna meet her connection
At her feet was, footloose man…

At “The Dish” the other night…. Victor, you’ve being going there a lot. KMA, I have fun. In walks this GORGEOUS ole lady my age… and on her arm Lyle Lovette. I ran into the bathroom, looked in the mirror, ran back and looked at him again, ran BACK in the bathroom for one more look just to make sure… Wait. I ain’t saying I’m George Clooney, or ANYTHING close, it just seems Revenge of the Nerds wasn’t a movie, it’s real life. Probably an IT wiz. Eh, can’t blame her. Long as his hard drive hasn’t crashed.

You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well you might find
You get what you need

Ahm, pardon me. Would you not use that word “need.” It’s a thirst GD it. I needs quenched. I just wanna touch, feel, absorb, and uh huh, make whoopee! VICTOR! Sorry. Kinda.

Oh yea-ay (hey-hey-hey, oooh)

And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Singin', 'We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't, we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse'
Sing it to me, now

The demonstration was my day off.. Demo, as in demo cars. Saw many I liked, but I’da had to have been on IT dude’s salary to buy. “Ahm,, well, we’ll need a third down” (SEEYA!)… I didn’t really vent my frustration - I had a pretty weak moment, then I thought “ya know what? I’ve always made it somehow, I will make it. It may be (again) with duct tape and bailing wire, but I’ll make it.

(You can't always get what you want)
(You can't always get what you want)
(You can't always get what you want)
But if you try sometimes, well you just might find
You get what you need
Ooh baby, yeah, ooh

Friends were coming outta all kindsa places with assistance.. “my really really good friend has an old Dodge Dakota truck.. He wants to sell it for $____, but, I told him we were pretty good friends, and he said he’d sell it to you for $(lot less)”. cool… Another (Thanks Lisa) suggested Kendra’s new car-guy boyfriend help.. Another works part time at a new dealership, would talk to the owner, see if there’s anything they could do..



I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standin' in line with Mr. Jimmy
A-man, did he look pretty ill

We decided that we would have a soda
My favorite flavor, cherry red
I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was 'dead'
I said to him

The Chelsea drugstore is Quick Trip, nearby where my HRL had broken down, again. Mr. Jimmy is the HRL. “Dead”.

(You can't always get what you want) well no!
(You can't always get what you want) tell ya baby
(You can't always get what you want) no
But if you try sometimes, you just might find, mmm!
Mmm! you get what you need!

Yes, Mr. QuickTrip guy… I’d like onea them plump, juicy all beef hot dogs, onea them Rooster Boosters, a bag’a Chili Cheese Fritos, some napkins for my fingers (Ain’t that right Lamar), a 48 year old, rich, divorced, (HWP) blonde, and a new 612 Scaglietti "Beverly Hills Edition" Ferrari… Oh, to go please.


Ooow-ooh!

You get what you need
Yeah!
Ooow, babe!
Ooh, yeah

I saw her today at the reception
In her glass was a bleeding man
She was practiced at the art of deception
Well, I could tell by her blood-stained hands
Say it!

The reception was the bank, where’d I’d gone for help. Her (The busy loan lady who never once looked me in the eyes) blood stained hands were what I perceived from the three minutes we visited, her adeptness of (and past history of) dropping “no’s” in the “Sorry Charlie Tray”, wiping her hands twice, briskly, thinking “whew, done with him.” And they were.

(You can't always get what you want) yeah!
(You can't always get a-what you want) ooo-yeah, baby!
(You can't always get a-what you want)
But if you try sometime, you just might find
You just might find
You get what you need

So I didn’t get the Rooster Brooster.. I didn’t get the hot dog, Chili Chees Fritos… I didn’t get the 48 year old, rich, (HWP) divorced blonde, I didn’t get the new 612 Scaglietti "Beverly Hills Edition" Ferrari… I didn’t get laid, kissed, written to, winked at, smiled at, even a handshake..

Ooh, yeah!
Ooh, baby!
Woo!

Ah, you can't always get a-what you want
No, no baby

You can't always get a-what you want
Tellin' you right now

You can't always get what you want, mmm!
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You just might find, that ya
Get what you need
Oooh, yeah!

What I did get, thanks to a very nice niece and nephew inlaw, is a perty nifty (to me) 1999 Dodge Van. It starts. It goes. It likes gas but doesn’t drink it as the HRL did. I shined it up, looks perty AOK. And… I think it’ll pull a Scamp. (You’da had’ta been here, I’m talking a travel trailer, but, if I know what you were thinking, yeah, I’d probably take me one’a them just about now too!)

I'm tellin' the truth, babe

Ooow-ooh!
Ooow-ooh!
Ooow-ooh!........

Who needs a new 612 Scaglietti "Beverly Hills Edition" Ferrari…….. Who needs a 48 yr old, rich, (HWP) divorced blonde (Lyle Lovette, that’s who… the bastard)….

Actually, the van kinda fits. It’s the first three letters of my beloved sister’s name, financed to me by her daughter. I had a Dodge Van once that I lived in (not literally) when we had the delivery business.. It was so, so cool to make it on our own. Scratch that. (Victor, are you gonna be bitter?).. In my best Alvin “OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:”. I was. But I won’t be. BUT I WILL ADD “I started that muther dubbin’ business, I got the customers, I was why we made it”. There, feel better, thanks!

So, you can’t always get what you want. But, I ‘Dodge’d the bullet, and got what I need. Ain’t that right Lamar?

Life’s a Quick Trip, hopeya get whatya need. Love, Victurd

No comments: