Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Things we can paint on our day…..

Happiness. Reckon it’s a choice. Garbage in, smiles out. Oh, there’s tonsa good in too – but we gotta file that stuff away!

When I usedta coach, back in dinosaur days.. the true success of any coach, team – was that the coach prepare the team the very best he could to be successful. Let’s arm our friends/loved ones the same way. Wing a comp if you feel it. Touch with an email. Simply ask “how ya doin?” with no ulterior motive. Spoil them with care/concern.

Listen. Listening is onea God’s gift to mankind. Listening way assists in preparing our own speech. The more we listen – the less chance we’re going to say something that rubs the wrong way. The more we listen – the better the view from other’s shoes. The more we listen – the more we file away in the backa our brain about our friends, our loved ones, and what’s important to them.

Victor, you’re on the pulpit again. Sorry, but you’ve heard me say 9,999 times, I write for me. To me. Hitchhikers welcome.

Keep the eyes moving, watching. If we don’t simply look out into the world – if we drive to work, home from work – Pavlov thru our lunch hour – cruise control our evenings away – we will not have taken in all there is this wonderful world has to offer. See a guy up fixing a bridge? Try to see from his shoes. The 17 yr old that handsya the sack of food at the drive up – read ‘em and see how they take on the world.

Take times throughout the day to smile about yesterday. Close your eyes and see loved ones who’ve departed. Bring ‘em back to life. Take a tour and revisit your favorite vacation spots, places you’ve been. Might not even be a vacation spot – it might be the hallway of your high school in your Senior year. Go there. Relive it.

The now. Concentrate on ‘the now’. The now so quickly becomes the past – allow yourself to be the video camera of life. I look at my son now – and I try to think back to him as a baby, at 5.. age 12… 15.. It gets harder and harder to remember – without referring to old albums, videos. Stare. Focus. Remember. I look around at my job and see so many have departed. I wish I’da taken longer looks. I wish I’da bellied up to them more closely to learn of them. Friends. Live life along side our friends – and take pictures of them/you with the brain. THIS IS OUR LIFE. Remember it.

Tomorrow. We can stash dough away. (Well, most of you can – for whatever reason this very time and point of my life it seems there’s more bills than paycheck – but I’m the eternal optimist – I’ll get there.) We can’t predict tomorrow. We can’t control the actions of others. We can’t know of our health – our jobs, which personal loss will come next. We can pray for good things for tomorrow – but reckon the point here is enjoy the day, let us be good people – and the chances for a better tomorrow increase.

And finally, don’t listen to stupid bloggers who think they know everything! Be an artist! Them two feet you have – stand up on ‘em and think for yourself! Seriously – do you ever stop and consider “what could make my life more enjoyable?” If we remote control everything, every day – soon the movie will be over Ferris! Take time for planning. Think about what REALLY is important to you. Had something (a trip maybe.. a ‘touch’ of an old friend, a new gadget) you’ve envisioned? Do it! Go for it! Talk to yourself – thinka how you/yourself – can improve upon the good life you already lead.

I loveya all. In spitea the GD deeper and deeper creases that run across my face – I am smiley inwardly – and hopefully outwardly. I really really do hope life is a smile for you as well.. Love, Victurd.

No comments: