Wednesday, April 16, 2008

You’re really giving this to a potential employer?

Well yes, yes I am. Giving what? And what job? I thought you had a good job?

Well, yes. I do. I’m considering giving a copy of this blog to Glenn… I applied for a part-time night auditor position at a local hotel. This is a want/need job. I miss customer service. I love working with vendors, and attempt to treat them as nicely as customers - but I miss working with the general public. Need. You’ve been here on this blog thru “thick and ‘pen’”.. You know the need. Single dad, Hot… Rod… Lincoln with many problems.

Victor did you tell Glenn, after you interviewed that you walked home over 3 miles because your Hot… Rod… Lincoln was in the shop?? SSSSSHHHHH! No, I didn’t. I didn’t want him to think I was unreliable. If the one I reported to directly until this week happens by, mebbe she’d address my reliability.

Ok, for three years… I’ve been the one on this end of the keyboard. I’m asking you.. Mary W, Mary T, Misty, Kendra, Terry (all current or former coworkers) to submit a one paragraph statement (on this very blog right now), about me If you felt I am/was a good worker, have at. If you think/thought I was a schmuck, have at.. Am I a fun-loving Tigger or a sad-sack Eeyore? Anyone that reads this that’s been around here the last three years - you’re welcome to have at a paragraph. I can spout all I want in a 30 minute interview when asked “what do people say about you?” - and I think I answered something like “nice guy.” Ok, so maybe I lied! If you’ve observed this wonderful roller coaster of life with me here and you feel the need to type, have at.

You see, Glenn “gets it”. Life. Work mixed with service AND fun. Responsibility - with a genuine smile. The man was wearing a Mickey Mouse tie! What could be better!

But Victor. You can’t start a sentence with but. But Victor, won’t he know that you’ve selected people that maybe will say something good? Sure - but the way I see it, I really want this job - and maybe by trying to go an extra step he’d think to himself “hmmm, maybe he would be Ok for this position..”

Thanks, in advance, for doing so (don‘t forget justa paragraph! Mr. Glenn‘s a busy man with that full house he‘s runnin! Mr. Glenn, thanks for your eyeballs here. Please know, whether “yay or nay” I genuinely enjoyed meeting you… Smiles and happy are HUGE with me, and you are that. Kudos.

Thanks all… VICTOR WAIT! You’re not gonna signoff like you always do are you? Well sure I am… scroll to Mickey! Love, Victurd

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victor is a wonderful person to have on our staff. He goes the extra mile to make sure everything is prompt and correct. I wish we had more like him

Mary Walker
Operation Manager

Anonymous said...

Vic is one of the few people who can maintain a great attitude no matter what the stress level. He has the wonderful ability to handle all his responsibilities (and then some) but also make work enjoyable with his wit & lightheartedness.

Anonymous said...

Vic, I love you, both from afar and right smack up close. I'm proud to say I know you and have no qualms saying you're the Good Will Enbassador for putting your best face forward, even during those moments in life when you wish there were a sub-basement for feeling low. You help me and never say,"Not right now, I'm busy woman!" Even when you are and I know it. You take my teasing and you give it back - in my book a mark of a good guy.
Terry

Anonymous said...

Vic is truly one of the best co-wokers and friend a person could have on their team . I think he could do whatever he sets his mind to. He is very knowledgable on many subjects, interesting,always well groomed and very loveable, likeable person- probably has no enemies! Whenever I have needed help he is always willing and ready to give it and if he didn't have the answer he would get it for me. Any company would be proud to have him on their staff and can know they would be adding a great asset to their company. Mary T.