Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wishin’ and Hopin’…..

I wish that everyone born in a societal minority would never have to face discrimination…

I wish that, when one reaches the point where there’s more bills than paycheck, and u REALLY need a haircut, that Flobee’s really worked.

I wish everyone from the US would come home tomorrow from Iraq…

I wish banks and utility companies would come to their senses, and insteada placing “overdraft fees” and “reconnect fees for reconnecting your electricity” (gas, phone, water, etc) they’d instead say “we know… we’ve been there.. What good does it do to put you even deeper in debt?… Take another thirty days.. it’s all good.” Or, “the Church of ______ has donated $___ on your behalf. You have 365 days to pay them back.”

I wish large companies/corporations would have mandatory “walk thru” days at the Humane Society. Every sixty days you must enter the back door, walk to the front and sign a sign-off sheet that you’ve been there. Mandatory that kids come with you too.

I wish singles had, in this digital age, some kinda built in ‘display’… where, if you walked up to another, it’d automatically flash stuff like “I wouldn’t date you if you were the last man on the planet.”… or… “I saw your eyes wander toward my breasts… buy me a drink and we’ll see about you seeing them.”… or… “You do seem nice, but be for fucking real, you’re like ten years older than me.”… or… “You seem nice, and yes, I’d like to go out with you at least once to see how things might go.” MANY precious dollars are wasted in wasted dating.

I wish Daylight Savings was from Jan 1 thru Dec 31st.

I wish each town would force churches to build in one great big circle, right nexta one another… and after services, there would be a mandatory 45 minute ‘mixer’ right smack in the middle of the circle with all the folks from the other churches…

I wish one day a month, all upper management personnel hadta complete every task that a subordinate would go thru for that day… and vice versa…

I wish companies would dedicate thirty minutes per week for two employees to sit together in a room by themselves - just to talk about themselves, their families.. Goals, ambitions, likes, dislikes.. Yesterday… tomorrow… and rotate the list so everyone could know everyone intimately…

I wish that, along with circumcision, GPS’s be implanted in the penis, and whenever a man was $1000+ in arrears in child support years later, it was legal to track their pee pee and find out exactly where they are, and what’s up… well… u know what I mean..

I wish runway models walked like regular people do. Don’t their thighs get chaffed?

I wish, insteada vacationing in Branson, Vegas, Cancun, South Beach, God would grant us two weeks a year in heaven (based upon prior good behavior of course)…

I wish the Oral Robert’s healing hands really worked, and that we could all learn it (in that circular thingy after church) and then we could go visit hospitals, nursing homes, even hospice homes…

I wish for one year.. Just ONE year… where MU could beat KU once in Football, and twice in Basketball…

I wish onea them Far Eastern electronically advanced countries would invent a scanner do-hicky that - whenever you ate - you’d scan whatever it is you’re eating throughout the day… the scanner do-hicky thing would record that…and then display a message like “you fatass you.. You’re 213 now.. If you eat any more, you’ll be 215 tomorrow”… or… “you’ve had your quota of carbohydrates, fats, and fiber today.. You’re low on protein.. Suggested items would be _______, _________, or ________. “

I wish I was in a situation where I could have another dog.

I wish I was in a situation where I could have another woman. (You placed importance in the order I listed those didn’t you?)

I wish there was an online dating service called MutuallyBeneficialItWillNeverAmountToAnythingOtherthatThat.com

I wish every house had four doors… one for each season… each day you could exit the door of your choice, and the weather would be that season.

I wish I could sleep as much as my cats.

I wish I had the work tasks of a grocery store manager. Be for real. They wear a tie. Stand in the aisle. And watch. They don’t putup produce, they don’t cut meat, they don’t stock aisles, they don’t check anyone out (well, you know).. They stand there. WTF is the prerequisite for that? I am good at it however.

I wish I woulda never maybe started this blog. Rereading, kinda embarrassed. Who knows if I’ll have the courage to hit “send”.

I wish the word “love” was used more often. Also “I’m sorry.” And “you look nice today”.. “I like your smile.”… “You do damn good work”.. “I value your friendship.” “I just love your laugh.”..

I wish for you that whatever wishes you have come true. The Wizard of Oz. I Dream of Jeannie.. Genie in a bottle…

’cause wishin’ and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’…

Pickup a heads up penny. Find a four leaf clover. Pray. Somewhere over the rainbow. Carry an acorn. Don’t put your hat on your bed. Get outta the bed on the same side you entered. Don’t kill a bee. Meet a chimney sweep by chance. Hang a horseshoe above the doorway. Don’t walk under no ladder. Don’t break no mirrors.

Stand under the mistletoe.. Keep a rabbit’s foot in your pocket. (preferably store-bought).. Don’t open no umbrellas in the house.

I wish good things for you… Love, Victurd.

No comments: