Tuesday, February 05, 2008

“Whenever I feel afraid

I hold my head erect.. And whistle a happy tune… So no one will suspect
I'm afraid.”

Time for some feel goods:

A nice, relaxing bath on a brutally cold day.. Whacking down that last little strip of grass - and the walk to the garage to put the mower away… and yes, even good feels…

“While shivering in my shoes… I strike a careless pose.. And whistle a happy tune.. And no one ever knows.. I'm afraid.”

Seeing a triple with the bases loaded on a sunny day… seeing your child’s smile… remembering your grandparents as they walked together.. The privilege of being able to buy an extra cinnamon roll in elementary school…

“The result of this deception… Is very strange to tell.. For when I fool the people I fear… I fool myself as well! “

A dog outside at full bore without a leash.. A new mom gloating… Checking your bank balance online just after pay is deposited.. Receiving a phone call from a friend or loved one with no expressed purpose for calling…

“I whistle a happy tune.. And ev'ry single time… The happiness in the tune.. Convinces me that I'm not afraid.“

Arriving at a stoplight at the exact same time, neither having right-of-way, and one waiving the other to go ahead and go first… Buying the last loaf of cheap bread on a Sunday night as the bread man won’t revisit until Monday… Looking out at winter and teasing it as you down a bowl of chili and crackers…

“Make believe you're brave… And the trick will take you far… You may be as brave…
As you make believe you are.”

10,000 Canadian geese roaring soooo loud you think they’re going to land on you - you look up in the air - and they’re soooo high, you can’t believe they can actually survive at that altitude, the beauty and sanctity of their multiple formations…

“You may be as brave.. As you make believe you are.”

As we weave our way around, over, through the bumps of life - it’s my hope (and remember I write to me, hop on if u like) we don’t lose focus of all the good.

Some closing thoughts about worry:

Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere

Don’t worry about life, you’re not going to survive it anyways.

When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.

And finally: Every evening I turn my worries over to God, He’s going to be up all night anyways.

Don’t worry, be happy.. Lest we not forget the good crap. Whistle a happy tune. The result of this deception… Is very strange to tell.. For when I fool the people I fear… I fool myself as well…

May this find you safe, warm, happy, and recently laid. Love Victurd.

No comments: