Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Polly wanna cracker?

A good friend recently said (very complementarily) "can you really be that fwiggin happy all the time?" And no, I probably ain't... After reacquainting myself with the story of Pollyanna – and Googling same – yeah, I reckon I do carry some of those characteristics...

Yahoo tells me Pollyanna is generally someone who is cheerfully optimistic – but it's also become "a somewhat derogatory term for a naïve person who always expects people to act decently, despite strong evidence to the contrary." Yeah, that too is me... I do want good. And, uh huh, I get let down sometimes when I see mean streaks in folks – or, an unwillingness for another to want to display happiness. To me, it’s a choice, the only choice. I very much enjoy observing mankind – and there, that word – mankind – I love kind men, or kind women. Uh huh, I hate hate hate – hate.

Digging further, the Pollyanna personality type is "a dependent personality." Uh huh, probably true.. "They base their behavior so as not to offend".. Oh yeah, me again. "Fear of disagreements" – yeah, s'morea me. "Lack of self esteem" – yup, sometimes. Whatshername, the $25,000 lady, always said "you need someone." And, uh huh, I probably do.

I think we’ve all probably visited the depths to the point of sometimes not liking ourselves – all probably languished in misery when we haven't lived up to our own expectations – but what the hey – we're human. I take joy whenever I hear the word "nice" associated with my name. Again, I've let my ownself down time after time – and I've done some pretty shitty things in the past I'm not proud of… but for the most part – I likes me.

I do love life. No, you sonofabitch, you shouldn't tailgate within three inches of my checkenginelight bumper.. Look here, bitch – yeah you, the one at the gas station where I've been spending my (mostly) hard earned dollars for years – is it so fucking hard to smile and NOT be so mean? Can you say T-H-A-N-K-S?... I cannot believe that kid walking there looks so angry. What feeds that anger?... Talent/McCaskill: SHUUUUUUDDUPALREADY…

I be guilty. Life is good. I hate hate. I love life. I likes me ok too. That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it.. Love to all, PollyannaVicturd

No comments: