Friday, November 24, 2006

Eleanor Rigby, $25,000.. 200,000 and 18'

Tis my hope everyone had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving... I was gonna go to Central Missouri to a gathering - but decided against at last minute.. Celebrated at Waffle House instead - and hey, all was good... Then, watched football game with an old work bud, his wife and their two nieces.. then, went to some joint to dance after - but, again, at last moment I decided I was too old, too white and too tired - so I just gyrated from my chair! (And besides, there wasn't anyone there within 20 years of me... Wasn't up for hearing "Damn, look at that pervert!"}

I rarely talk politically 'cause I have this great fear of coming across as the simpleton I probably am... Events this past week are leading me to stray from the course..

Remember why we said we were going to Iraq in the first place? Sure, weapons of mass destruction... well, they never turned up - and ironically they just discovered a three year old video of Saddam Hussein demonstrating how to use (I ain't kiddin') a slingshot, as well as a compound bow.. "We've got to train all our people how to use these." Aye yai yai.. Don't get me wrong - I think the atrocities over there warranted his ouster - but there had to be a better way.

The events in the last week in Iraq speak of civil war - and to me, nows the time to get the hell outta there while the gettin's good.

Also, I remember as a kid onea my favorite toys was a remote controlled car... Incredible what we can do nowadays.. Unmanned aircraft.. Rockets into space.. And then you have yaywho's who purposely drive vehicles loaded with hundreds of pounds of explosives into buildings.. I know I know, they then become a martyr, but I'm thinking like "DUH"...

Uncle Sam has sent a team of experts into Kansas City to determine why there is so much crime - and particularly crime within our youth.. Brother kills brother over food.. Daughter kills mother due to holding her to incredibly high academic standards...

Just one's opine - access to weapons is too easy. Guns usedta be for hunting, that moved to "for protection" and now it's onto "aggression." So much anger, so little valuation of mankind... I don't know the answers.. I hate guns. Yes, I go to Price Chopper and buy ground beef - but I still have the freedom to hate guns.

Our moral standards have slipped.. Eleanor Rigby was a catchy tune from "my day" (GD - gosh darn, you're sounding old here Victor... eh, mebbe).. at the dance joint we went to the other night - back to back songs were "Lemme see you shake your ass" and "I want to fuck you like an animal." Me thinks Father McKenzie is turning over in his grave...

The $25,000 is the amount of equity I will be paying Tuesday of next week.. House passed FHA.. the finality of the Victor/whatshername thingy... at least the finality of the legal ramifications - I'ma thinkin' other impacts from all that will last the remainder of my life..

Left work the other night... Speedometer read "199,993 miles." Seven miles down the road was an overturned car with a youth who'd been thrown out.. died that night at the hospital.. sad.. today, as I stop at work to type this before heading to Branson/see Maynard.. another car upside down - within feet of where the first accident happened.. Please travel safe.. who cares if one is 5 minutes late for work.. misses the first scene of a movie... arrives 10 minutes after the time you said you'd be there.. 200,000+ miles now checkenginelight - please take me to Branson and back safely!

Eighteen feet. I pulled into my drive today... Damned ole squirrel on my roof.. He pitter-pattered halfway across.. snuck toward the gutter, stuck his snout out over and peeked down.. "Hmmm.. nope.. hell no, not here.".. Then he angularly pitter-pattered s'more, again slid down to the gutter.. peeked - lo and behold next thing I knew he was airborne.. looked like an Olympic Ski jumper.. jumped ten feet out, eight feet down into a prickly bush.. I thought sure he'd be stabbed, have broken limbs, et al.. Ten seconds later he's on the ground crunching nuts from the ground. A bluejay happened into the bush and let the squirrel know he was invading his territory. Ya gotta love nature.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving, Victurkey...

No comments: