Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Humor....

For whatever reason, I just can't... It's a special time of year - and it's time for the innards to churn in wonder over Thanksgiving's past, present and future.... It's my hope everyone lived great experiences as a child - and has as fond of memories as I.. I know that's perhaps not the case - and if it wasn't the case - I hope you can "Buck O'Neil - it" and place a positive spin on things (I've got no problems "spinning" the old Thanksgivings - it's these ones of late I need to "Buck-it")...

Buck always dug down to grab good... He could make a trip for a root canal sound fun.. Tis interesting to me to have the view from other's shoes... Occasionally, I drop into self-pity - think about "why did this happen... why did that happen.. it's not fair.." etc, etc - and then I see Buck smiling.. Seems we choose our demeanor - and it is a choice...

So, when I lay me down to sleep - hey, at least I've got cats to share my warm waterbed with -- the Buck spin to sleeping alone would perhaps be "Oh my, my, my.. to walk in from that cold... take my trousers off... sllllide into that bed... uh-uh-uhhhhh... the warmth... feels SO good.. and I'm wisked to sleep by the sounds of purrs... I couldn't paint it any better."

Thanks for the wakeup call Buck.. I know there are family's with loved ones sleeping on a pallet on the sands of Iraq... children in lean-to's in Africa... men and women under bridges across our land... and ya know what - many of them choose to smile and soak up the good in life...

So, I ain't saying "forgive me Father for I have sinned" --- rather please forgive me for those moments I selfishly get PO'ed because so-and-so has it 'so-much-better', I don't have this/that, I usedta have this/that, I hate this/that in my life... life it be pretty good actually.

I'm thankful for hearts that allow love to happen.. tear ducts that allow our emotions to 'boil over'.. smiles that allow our innards to become outtard.. touch that says "hey, you're ok, and I'm thankful to know you"...

If you're like me and you occasionally slip - hey, it's Ok... Let's make a pact and try to remember other's eyeballs are upon us... and if they happen to be younger eyeballs - they're watching ours to learn how to live life themselves..

One recent Thanksgiving - there were 20+ of us around one bigass table spread through the living room and the TV room... one by one we went around and said what we're thankful for... I've found it kinda therapuetic to simply practice that speech in my head as I drive... Well, I would say this-this-and-that.. and before you know it - you look in the mirror and there's ole Buck smiling...

Thanks... really.... Victurd

No comments: