Friday, July 14, 2006

Just sit there and look cute.....

Crowds.. How are you in crowds?... I'm like a statue - which doesn't make alotta sense because I'm a general smartass in most one on one situations... "Victor is so deathly silent."... Yeah, spose. Tis the old "open mouth insert foot" school of thought.. I gain much more excitement - happiness - by not taking the lead... Tacos with six co-workers yesterday -- a blast -- but again, I didn't say a whole lot.. One on one with any of those turds and I'm mouthy... For whatever reason - in a crowd I cinch up.. Just me.

Whatta world... 9-1-1... Overheard a fella say he was working (pouring concrete) and noticed a house down the street where smoke was coming from the eaves... He dialed 9-1-1 and it was answered "9-1-1, please hold." Hehe. Anyways, a cop finally pulls up.. looks at the fella and says "I'm gonna go see if anyone is inside - can you watch this prisoner while I do?"... Hehe... True. All was well.. Fire Dept put it out.. Prisoner back safely to the hokey.. No one in the burning house..

9-1-1 part two. 45 yr old single chicky. For some reason police were dispatched to either where this chicky lived - or to a neighbor's house close. Ah the "man in a uniform" thing. Thirty minutes after the departure of two cops from the scene - a call comes into 9-1-1 dispatch "I want the name of those cops that just came... one of them was extremely handsome.. it's just not every day you get great looking cops coming up to the door." (Perhaps it was her who caused the fella above to get put on hold!)... Anyways, she's in line for a hefty fine for abusing the system...

Sadder 9-1-1 note.. Arizona. Somehow couple gets word there's a domestic dispute next door (Someone passing by had seen the man literally drag the woman in the house.) Neighbors call 9-1-1.. Since they themselves hadn't actually seen anything in person - incident was classified 'stage 2' or some kinda back-burner thing. Two more calls within the next 45 minutes - no police response. Finally, when it got quiet - they entered the house.. found the couple - murder suicide. Geez.

I've only had one personal 9-1-1 experience.. when I'd found my mother after her massive stroke... I gotta admit all responding parties (dispatcher/police/EMT's) were WONDERFUL. Thanks to those who serve and serve well.

Whatta world... Tony Soprano is having real life surgery.. the horse that won the Derby is teetering on life/death... they're bombing airports in Beirut... Pete Coors getsa DWI... An 83 yr old in Sioux Falls man becomes the oldest professional baseball player (MY HERO!)... Ya gotta love life.. I do... Hope you do too... Happy day, bye bye now... Victurd..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»