Sunday, July 24, 2005

Talking aloud at the computer........

It's been in excess of 95 degrees for what seems like a month. I hate the heat.

I've noticed women wear less clothing in the heat. Maybe I can stand it.

Summer's almost over... I've had someone to pal around with each of the last two summers... I've missed that this summer. Ya wonder, at 52, how many are left.
(WAAH... WAAAH!)

I can't wait to live alone. Don't get me wrong, I love my son, but there are buttcheek imprints on my sofa.... And 'sides, except for about thirty days of living in Lawson, Missouri when I opened a Sonic Drive In there - I've NEVER lived alone.

I've learned the difference between alone and being lonely. I've tried occupying my time... I don't always make the wisest choices - but I never hurt anyone.. (with intent that is.)

Some things I miss from the 60's:

Kid's in front yard playing wiffleball or touch football.

Seeing a car drive down the road and knowing what year model it is.

Movie stars with natural boobs.

Andy, Barney, Marshall Dillon

Some things I miss from the 70's:

Long hair. Even the old dudes had it.

Muhammad Ali floating like a butterfly. Watching him at the Olympics was sad.
Ipray his insides are happy and without pain.

Mary Tyler Moore, Happy Days.

Some things I miss from the 80's:

The pay I was making at Eastern Airlines slinging suitcases. Perhaps that's why
they bit the dust.

My 34' waist.

Being in love.

My mother.

Some things I miss from the 90's:

All the fun I had coaching,watching, interacting with the little shits I coached.

My sister.

Some things I'd like to change in the 00's (that how you say it?)

My address.

The occupancy in my bed at night.

The innards FINALLY catching up with the outtards in happiness.

I am thankful for:

A working, thinking body.

My son's physical health.

Fritos.

My job, coworkers and boss. (Probably THE biggest "YES! in my life today.)

The ability to poop with regularity. (Wellllll... I been reading this one chick's
blog, and she has difficulties so I guess it ain't something to take for granted!)

Little kids that run with smiles on their faces.

The 83 year old lady I watched "fast dance" last night to my favorite band.

All my friends/family that reach out and 'touch' me. (AKA emails, IM's, phone,
etc.)

Victor - you're getting boring, go to bed.

Ok.

No comments: