Friday, July 15, 2005

Happily Married? I DARE your ass to comment!

Again, we talk so damn much about divorce.... The 'whys' and the 'wha-happened's"... We never talk of marital glue...

I am an admitted rookie to blogging, and someone pointed out I had my settings all screwed up and only "team members" could comment. Fixed now, so, both of you that read this may now leave comments at any time!

Why still married, and why haven't you yielded to the temptation to take a quick hop in the sack to checkout a 'nicer butt', perhaps an appendage that is longer, smaller, more girthier (eh, you know), maybe you'd like to peak in blue eyes for once (or hazel, green, etc).. Maybe you wanted to just once test a blonde.. or a brunette... or lo and behold - a redhead... An "A" cup... DD?.. Taller/shorter/lighter/heavier/younger/older...

Maybe you have jumped in the sack with another - and reality slapped you in the face with "grass appears to be greener over there... but that's because of the horse shit on it"....

You've seen him/her at their best....... at their worst..... You HATE when he/she does this or that... "By God, if I could change one thing......"

You've seen em pee, poop, naked, in nice dress, in not so nice dress... You've smelled them at their best... and weathered thru their worst odors... You've passed the underwear skidmark/Biz Bag test.....

You perhaps argued about childraising... You've maybe taken time away to be with friends... family... or just to be by your lonesome...

You maybe would like it better if he/she worked more/less hours... made more money.. Would clean their goddam car out once in awhile... Would not be so nitpicky about their goddam car...

You've maybe been sent off to the sofa for a night.... Maybe you sent him/her off to the sofa...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and we haven't even gotten to that GREAT BIG MF-in' DAGGER - the VERBAL WORD. It can knock one down faster than a 2 by 4. And it lingers, and lasts... and occasionally resurfaces... sometimes never heals... "I will never forget when you said _____________".

I hate your mother/father/brother/sister/stepson/stepdaughter/ex/coworkers/friends/boss....

I wish we had sex more/less/in different ways/with others (huh?.. ah hell, it's a new millenium, gotta include all possibilities).. facing each other, facing the same direction, during the daytime, outside, in the car like we used to, after a day when we really 'clicked', WHEN I WANT IT....

I want a bigger/smaller house... I want a condo, I fucking hate mowing.. I wanna live in the country/city/burbs...

I wish you weren't Irish/Black/Protestant...

How do you get past the stage where it gets so bad you've got to grab the son(or daughter)ofabitch by the collars and say "you better fucking listen, because I am serious as hell about this."?

We grew apart/we were always together... we stay home to much/we're never at home...
All you do is pay attention to the kids/you never pay attention to the kids.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT DAMMIT. Before those of you who list 'still married after 27 years' and want to lay it on us as to why.... DON'T FORGET, I asked for HAPPILY MARRIED. Ouch, what do you feel the percent is there? If half of us don't make it, ya know there's a good portion that stay together for the kids/tax purposes/it's easier/I'd be lost/He'd be lost/I'm too old to startout again/Eh, I've got a nice house and a good job, why change now......... I wanna hear from HAPPILY MARRIED PEOPLE.

No...... Not perfect people, Happily married people.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo... Comment away, I'd love to hear your thoughts. AND IF YOU HAVE THE BALLS/BOOBIES TO WRITE...... HAVE THE BALLS/BOOBIES to talk about everything..... money, kids, sex, relatives, housekeeping, cooking, goals, philosophy, differences, independence within marriage, dependency, etc, etc.

No comments: