Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'm going to tell you something... but you've got to promise not to tell anyone....

SHIT! "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DON'T DO THIS....... I'M WEAKKKKKKKK... I CAN'T DO IT"........ Ok what, I give you my word.

The itch, the burn, the yearn to hear just whatinthehell is so important that me, akska me, is the only person on the planet that should be privy to this info.... Frankly, it's usually something one wouldn't expect.... And that makes it that much more difficult to refrain from sharing a chat with buddies and standing to say "Hey, I don't repeat gossip... so listen close the first time!"...... Hehe.

I will admit, in past days I've been weak... I've tried to change that - and have been successful in my quest to actually keep my word. Dammit.

This is a blog, and no one (ok, maybe two people) have any idea whointhehell I am. Last summer I got a "you've got to promise not to tell" from the wonderful kiddo that is a temp for our company in the summer. His stepfather is a VP, but his stepson is unassuming, doesn't use his family position - and is just "one of the guys."

Anyways... "Monty" - I'll call him.. .comes to me with the "promise not to tell" thingy... He's a college sophomore, smart, polite, and baby blues the women say "to die for." "Vic < (that's me, shit it slipped).. Melinda has been emailing me saying she'd like to get together sometime... I'm not quite sure what to do... Of course I want to... but I'm nervous."

The little rotten bastard, Melinda is mid-30's, gorgeous, BUILT, and the envy of anyone who's used a urinal within our building. She's got a boyfriend, but no ring. All men are pigs... and... it's oft been the topic 'round the water cooler: "do you think they're real or plastic?"... I dunno, but I think Monty is about to find out...

Melinda writes again...... and again...... and again.... Monty has a longtime girlfriend - but he relates "Vic, she asked me if she was pressuring too much... should she back off? Is it ugly to think of being with a 30-something lady?"... "I wanted to SCREAM back "HELL NO... it's the DREAM of every college punk to be with a gorgeous 30-something lady.. ARE YOU KIDDING?".....

She wasn't. And.... Dammit... Monty shared all... Down to the last little grip of plastic.. .(oops)....

So, here I am, Monty's three-month a year good friend... surrounded by the creeps (said lovingly) I face all year round... go to lunch with... spend some after hours with... help move... fix cars... golf with... etc... etc... and they say "Hey, have you noticed... Monty and Melinda have been spending a lot of time together... I wonder if... eh, you know?"........"YES YES" I wanna yell... .and Smitty, you were right, they ARE plastic!~............ BUT, I didn't... Instead I wimpily reply "yeah, I've noticed that too.... nah... there's too much age difference... and they've each got a significant other.... nah, I don't think so.." DAMN YOU MONTY, DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!...

I may have blogged to a couple... but I've upheld my promise to Monty. Howabout you? How good is your "I promise, I won't tell a soul"?????? It's hard, I know. Happy Friday, Victor

No comments: