Monday, September 15, 2008

Round round get around I get around yeah….

I'm an ever rolling wheel
Without a destination real
And I'm an ever spinning top
Whirling around 'till I drop

Victor, you can't mix two songs in one blog. Ahm, like did u just get here? There are no rules in blogging. I might just sing jingle bells now you ignorant twit!

In life, there’s them points, them times, them moments… where something of nature causes one to stop and say… “OH… MY… GOD.”

This morning, had onea them moments. I musta left home at just the right time this morning.. There aheada me, off to the West THE MOST INCREDIBLE circular, spherical, round, bright, Harvest, Full Moon. I was glued. Affixed. Entranced. Awed.

Ever have them moments? Just glad to be here?

Then I got-ta thinkin’ about how important ‘round’, ‘circular’, is in our lives. Sure the moon – and the sun too (not to mention the ring around Saturn.)

Round nourishes us.. . The orange. Donuts. Pizza. Chocolate chip cookie. Onion rings. Ok, mebbe all that ain’t too nutritious, but it’s the point.

Round keeps our houses together (nails and screws) and our lawnmowers, chainsaws, weedwackers, etc. running (nuts, bolts and washers.). Clock on the wall. Wristwatch. Christmas ornaments.

Sometimes, even with the round condom, the round BCP, the miracle of a round fertilized egg happens.

For goodness sakes the beer and the cig are all about round. They Olympic rings. Basketball, baseball, golf, tennis, even the hula hoop.

The Merry Go Round, the Ferris Wheel, the Tilta Whirl.. We first dip our toes in the round wading pool. The circle of dodgeball. (Now outlawed I think in schools everywhere – a shame, twas fun – for most anyways.) BB’s. Dartboards.

We purchase goodies with pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters. We quench our thirst with a round glass – or start our day with a nice round bowl of cereal or oats (or cuppa java)..

We transport everywhere thanks to round, plains, trains and automobiles. (Moment o’ silence for John Candy… MY was he a loveable round one.) Headlights (the old ones), tail lights (the old ones), tires, wheels, steering wheel… round. Round rocks.

Our circle of friends. That’s awesome. The wedding ring. That too is awesome, and I hope everyone wearing one looks at it daily with pride and privilege.

You got me going in circles
Oh, around and around I go
Going in circles
Oh, around and around I go
I'm strung out over you…

A stupid blog? Mebbe? Nah, round rocks. Nice to haveya ‘round. You seem well rounded. Stay around, wouldya? Our circle. Circular. Spherical. Circulating.

Have a happy Monday.. “O” happens to be letter number fitteen in the alphabet. Significant in only the fact fitteen is fun to say.

It’s my hope ur eyeballs feasted on the same wonder this morning. Man it was gorgeous. I’m very thankful I was a Round for it. Keep the faith, have smiles. Loveya, Victurd.

No comments: