Thursday, September 11, 2008

I’m old, but still, I miss this stuff……. You?

Below, mostly stolen from this one dude’s site.. Tis cool. It’s all out there. I had a nice time perusing.. And it brought back a lotta great mem’s… Hope it does for you as well…

Big Chief tablets… Fat, #2 leads.. Three ring binders… Lunchboxes.. The Pledge of Allegiance..

The BIG box of Crayons the rich kid brought, THAT INCLUDED a Crayon sharpener!, Play Doh.. GI Joes, the big kind….Matchbox cars, Silly Putty.. Building a fort, or a treehouse…

The long legs holding up the family television set.. Shag carpet…Ouija boards…

Those clip on rubber snow boots… record players that played 45’s… The actual changing counts of “burgers sold” at Mickey D’s… Neighborhood made wooden go kart,/skateboard.. Etch a Sketch… Tiddly Winks… Cootie.. .Mr. Potatoe Head… Tinkertoys… Marbles..

Pole lamps, velvet paintings, multi-colored ashtrays….bunk beds… rotary phones… push mowers with blades..

Winston, Lucky Strike, the Hamm’s Bear…

The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Maverick, The Man from U.N.C.L.E…. Lost in Space.. Star Trek.. Jackie Gleason.. Ozzie and Harriet.. Patty Duke.. The Beav (and Wally, and June/Ward, Lumpy, Whitey).. Hogan’s Heroes, Get Smart (Agent 99), Mitch Miller, Superman, Roy Rogers, Sky King, Zorro, Alfred Hitchcock, Rod and the Twilight Zone…

Dennis the Menace.. My Favorite Martian,.. The Wonderful World of Walt Disney..

Music, oh tons… Dusty Springfield, Jan & Dean, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Herman’s Hermits, Dave Clark Five, The Byrds, “Hey Hey we’re the Monkees”… Jefferson Airplane, The Dead, Country Joe and the Fish, Steppenwolf, CCR, The Doors, BS&T, Led Zeppelin,

Gumball machines, Cinnamon rolls, Milk Duds, Dots, Pixie Stix, Juju fruit.. The pull tab is new… The first diet drink, Tab (yuck!)… The hell is a Zip Code?.. 1964, the birth of the Mustang..

John Gnagy, Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Green Jeans, Dick Tracy, Popeye, Olive Oil, The Beatles Invasion, Ed Sullivan, Johnny Carson, Ed McMahon, Doc, Tarzan, Fred, Wilma, Barney, Betty, Pebbles, Bam Bam, Roger Maris, Charlie Brown, Muhammed Ali, Elvis and Priscilla, .. But first, are you experienced? Jimi… Robert, MLK assassinated.. The White album.. Barbara Eden (I was smitten)… Elizabeth Montgomery (I was smitten)….

Ok, back to present day… but it was a nice respite! Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You know, I'm a vintage soul. All these thing you mention...fond mems of them. I loves me some Hogans Heroes! And you know Mom always though Maynard was the offshoot of Dennis the Menace.

Here's one of my favorites...where Arbys is now, there used to be a root beer stand, and my favorite uncle would drive me there in one of his cool cars. As I matured, I realized I was a good pick up line for the cute girls my uncle was hunting down. But I still recall those moments fondly.

How about Don Maclean? American Pie? Big huge convertible cars that Grandpa always let me sit on the back seat, waving to my "pageant crowds."

Nostalgia...gotta love it (hey, wanna cruise? I have satellite radio with radio classics!)