Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Anticipation…….

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I’m really with you now
Or just chasing after some finer day.

We paint pictures in our mind… and we follow dreams… what if’s… “mebbe feels”.. we imagine this, that… we feel what we think it would feel like… we aim, dream, envision, walk, run, crawl for those dreams… we anticipate… I spose it could be considered hallucinogenic..

Anticipation, anticipating
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting

We visualize running across the field together… jumping the brook one after the other… rolling in the tall grass in euphoric bliss… saying good night in the soft light that purports your skin to be just as nice as dreamed… we touch as we sleep… no midnight “can’t sleep”s.. no 2am trips for Rolaids… no 5am nervous tinkles... We see/feel/imagine - good.

And I tell you how easy it is to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me.
Bit I rehearsed those words just late last night
When I was thinking about how right tonight might be.

I think anticipation is/can be a very good thing. I once heard, the saddest thing there is - is the sad rich man, for he has no hope… The remainder of us… Those of us with one-half of a Sealy Posturepedic to offer… anticipation is a wonderful thing…

Anticipation, anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting

Late, yes, I am that. Keeping me waiting? Tis very AOK, the waiting actually keeps me going. If one gives up, there’s no anticipation. No dreaming. No hope. No visualization of “together good.”

And tomorrow we might not be together
I’m no prophet, I don’t know natures way

And we don’t.. It could be Tuesday… It could be April… It could be late 2009.. It could be never… Just “keeping” anticipation alive perpetuates living good. Living with hope. Much like a kid going to bed on 12/24... The wide eyed feel of a kindergartner on the first day… The graduate in his/her first real interview…

So Ill try to see into your eyes right now
And stay right here, cause these are the good old days.

Try to see into your eyes right now… You married folks... God Blessya - tis my hope you appreciate… You single folks… I think I can speak for you in that we all anticipate…We visualize a sugar plum fairy world… A utopia… A Goldilocks “juuuuuuust right.”

There’s no giving up in anticipation. There’s no certainty in anticipation. Patience is rare in anticipation. Prediction of anticipation coming to fruition is fruitless. Anticipation, however, is wonderful.

Anticipation, anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting

Thanks Carly. That was a beautiful song. We anticipate cranking it one day should it come on the radio when… well… you know…

Hey, have a great Thursday…. I anticipate you will…. Love, Victurd.

No comments: