Friday, January 11, 2008

Blood, Sweat and Tears….

Victor, are you gonna talk 40 years ago again? Mebbe.

I never knew the names of the original dudes…. Al Kooper, Jim Fielder, Fred Lipsius, Randy Brecker, Jerry Weiss, Dick Halligan, Steve Katz, and Bobby Colomby - and later, David Clayton-Thomas… …. They started in 1967... Which… yep… is exactly (actually) 41 years ago…

The hell’s all this got to do with a blog in January of 2008? Lots.

Look at the name. It’s life.

We start - blood. There’s a bond formed before we even jump outta the womb... We gestate for nine months or so, and then jualah… there’s blood all around… Of course mom and dad… but too aunts, uncles, grannies, g-pa’s, cousins, brothers, sisters, et al. The first portion of our life is VERY blood.

God bless the child.…

Babies whine, cry, poop, pee, need fed, give little (initially) in return for care - and if it weren’t for blood, we’d never make it as infants.

In fact, blood is our guiding light for many, many years.. We are nurtured, educated, trained and loved by blood. Nature does have it’s way.

Sweat. We fly the coop. Oh shit, here I go… “where’s blood?”… “We’re here, but you’ll be ok, it’s time to venture on… you’ve learned well… we’re always here for you, but you’ll be just fine.”

Hi De Ho

So we sweat. About that. About making it. About the realization “oh shit, I’m really out here… for eons I’ve bitched and moaned about wanting freedom, well smack me in the ass, I’ve now got it.”

We sweat thru dating, occupation, independence... Finding another... We sweat “right one?”… “right career?”… “Money? Oh shit? - HOW”… “KIDS? ALREADY? I just got here!”… We sweat to juggle band concerts, basketball practice, confirmation, Chucky Cheese, slumber parties, back to school nights, PTA, swimming, anything our kids want to do - we sweat our way through it….

You've Made Me So Very Happy

We sweat thru the idea “GD, I gotta sleep next to you FOREVER?”.. “I wonder, the way she looked at ______, if she has ideas/wants/thoughts, about doinking him?””… We sweat thru “howinthehell are we gonna make it thru Christmas when we can’t pay our friggin’ gas bill as it is?”…

We sweat through… “mom’s sick…. Now I’ve seen her sick.. But I mean this time, SHE’S REALLY SICK.”… Dad is having trouble making it alone… This is tough.. I’ve got my own family, my own sweat - but I’ve got to make sure my dad rides it out in comfort…

And when I die…

So, after we’ve sweated, comes tears - eventually. Sure, there are good tears along the way - but moreso tears of the evolutionary process. Blood is now gone - thus, tears, and rightfully so. The sweat - did it end ok? Was it worth it? Do you feel cheated? Enthralled? As if you achieved?

What goes up must come down, spinning wheel got to go around…
talkin' 'bout your troubles it's a cryin' sin - ride a painted pony
let the spinning wheel spin

Victor, exactly whatinthehell are you trying to say here. I ain’t real sure. To me, it’s just perfect - blood, sweat, tears. Natural. It’s the path. All three are good really. I mean, how good is blood? Blood is the ultimate. We’re forever entrenched - even when some are gone.

Sweat? What good is life without sweat? All things don’t come easy, I don’t give a rats if you’re Mark Cuban, Allen Greenspan or Bill Gates… they don’t come easy. We all sweat. Not only occupationally - with ALL the ins and outs of relationships, work, parenting, older parents - it’s just damned hard - but if it wasn’t… then it wouldn’t be worth it.

The tears Victor, the tears… Ahhhh, perfect… Tears are God’s gift... God’s gift in loss… God’s gift in happiness… God’s gift as a gentle reminder “let it flow, but I am here for you..”

Don't wanna go by the devil
don't wanna go by the demon
don't wanna go by satan
don't wanna die uneasy
just let me go
naturally
And when I die, and when I'm dead
dead and gone
there'll be
one child born, in our world
to carry on, to carry on… Love, Victurd

No comments: