Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What would you do?

As I drove home tonight…. I wondered to myself what I’d do if I’d gone to the doctor and he’d announced “it’s terminal… you have six months to live.” Of course that ain’t true, at least I don’t think! But it did have me wondering what I’d do for those six months….

You?

Don’t laugh. Ok laugh if you wanna.. Selfish was onea the first that popped into my mind. I pictured myself in the final days, laying in some hospital… (hopefully) having friends and loved ones stop by... And I thought “there’s five or six, or forty that I can think of where I’d simply like to say ‘can I see your boobs?” hehe.. True. We walk thru life having these evil (wonderful) thoughts, but we can never dare living them. “Hi ______, I’m dying - would you mind flashing me??

On (another) serious note, I think I’d revisit all the places where I’d had happy times. You know yours. Mighta been a certain school… The main house you grew up in… Perhaps the college you went to… the hospital where your kid was born… a drive down a favorite road of day’s past…

Sports have been a huge parta my past… I’d go sit on the pitching mound of our local city park and try to recall all the games at the various ages… what my friends looked like.. Special moments…

I think I’d contact everyone I ever really had a good time with - and make sure they knew I thought that..

I’d spend a lot of time with my eyeballs… upon my son... Upon my extended family.. Upon friends… simply absorbing, remembering.. Smiling…

I’d get on the phone and dial those I ain’t seen in awhile, that I’d love to talk to.. Not to tell them about terminal - but just to hear their voice - reflect upon those days with them…

I’d eat Barbeque ribs every night for six months. I’d have Fritos and a peanut butter cookie every day for lunch. I’d splurge and probably buy some kinda quality beer that you actually heard of.

I’d contact the old shrively people at the funeral home and pre-plan/pay for everything, so no one else would haveta…

I’d spend 24 hours straight playing blackjack - a certain little rush thing for me.…

I’d finally buy a CD burner and find every song I’ve ever loved to replay…

I’d email virtually everyone in my stored email addy list daily, simply to say “hey”…

I’d go to the beach for a short... But this time there’d be no DisneyWorld, Sea World, shopping at outlet malls, fast-paced stuff... I’d sit on the beach from sun up to sun down and suckup the ocean’s wonder…

I’d love another float trip… I’d take in a Royal’s game in the bleachers on a hot sunny day…

I’d use the word love a lot…

I’m sure there’s more I could think of… but you’re probably already nodding off.. So lemme just say:

All of the above… yes even pre-paying /arranging a funeral.. Could be… should be done today... Regardless of our health condition..

Do we do the things we really want to do? Or, do we aimlessly go thru life with only hope. I vote… do it. Do ‘em. Think of what you’d do if given a six-month sentence. I’ve listed all the things I’d do. I bet ur list would be special to you as well…

So I’ll start tomorrow. NO. WAIT. I’ll start today. Females, please, send me pics of your boobies to vicschultze@hotmail.com. Hehe.

Life is short, play hard. Love, Victurd.

No comments: