Thursday, October 18, 2007

I know to you.. it might sound strange.. but I wish it would rain... oh how I wish that it would rain...

My son… He patrols, cleans, monitors, the downtown streets of Kansas City… from Broadway - to three blocks West… between like 8th and 13th… His little circle of the world…

He repeatedly tells me “you don’t know what hard work is…. My days are hard… I see bums.. I pickup other’s crap… I deal with dope addicts…” etc, etc, etc… “I wish I had your job… and made your fat paycheck.”

Well… I kinda wish he had my job too… little basta (said with love) could help out hella more than he’s able to do now financially!

Where were we… oh yea… rain…

Unlike my friend Tom.. Who relates “I went to work for the Ford Motor Company in 1972, and I’ve been there ever since”… nomme… nope… huh uh… I’ve experienced the rain..

My son feels I’ve sat in a cubicle since Nixon was in office. Hardly so. I’ve lined ball fields… I’ve hauled sod (YUCK!).. I’ve owned a delivery service (ya get out, no matta the weather).. I worked for three, count ‘em THREE, airlines… (THE WORST, standing in the rain, loading an airplane..)… the little pansies that never get up in the ‘bin’ during the good weather to work on their knees… now allofasudden, feel the urge to do so…

I carried mail.. How do they say? Rain, sleet, snow?..
Working in the rain is the worst… Gimme cold… I’m ok… Gimme snow.. I can tread… Gimme 100 degrees plus.. I’m allright… I can sweat with the best of them…

Rain - it alters one’s approach…

I do wish though… we’d take on life like we do rain…. Huh? No, I’m serious.. Have you watched people in the rain? F-in A Ray, they’re intent… focused… lean… to the point… hustling… the goal = “Get there”…

Imagine if it rained 24/7, 365... We’d all be more focused… We’d all get to it… We’d all not stop for idle talk.. Insteada “how’s ur day?” we’d simply offer “hi” and get on with things…

Now I’m not one to wish the day away… Believe me, I enjoy laid back… and feel I am laid back…

But mebbe if we could focus on problems… loved ones… money situations… wavering on “do I do this or do I do that?”… our weight.. Our health.. Our relationship.. Our lack of relationship.. … If we could focus on all that crap like how we focus on what we’re doing/where we’re going when it rains….it’d be a good thing.

Rain forces “haveta.” The path. I must. I’m hungry, therefore I must. Hurry. No fat, cut to the bone, the straightest path.

Please close your ears… I can’t remember what it’s like to have sex listening to the rain. I do hereby promise, if in my lifetime I should again have sex within earshot of listening to a rainstorm - to report back to you on just how heavenly it was.

Funny, kinda, how much so much stuff relates to life… in the rain = focused. Outta the rain = glad.. comforted… so perked by the auditory senses..

I’m not certain I could make it in the temperate rain forests of Washington… Southern Norway.. Northern Spain… New Zealand…etc… I fear I’d have no fingernails.. And be too damned tired/tense/ready to fall asleep to ever have dreams of “oh baby oh baby” again.

I do enjoy rain being a reminder. Focus. Get there. Plan a path. Shortest distance between two points.

Life, it be interesting, no matta the weather.

‘Sunshine blue skies please go away.. The girl has found anotherandgone away… With her went my future my life is filled with gloom.. So day after day I stay locked up in my room.. I now to you, it might sound strange, but I wish it would rain,”

On second thought.. Maybe being in the rain ain’t so bad. You can’t rain on my parade… Happy drips… love, Victurd

No comments: