Tuesday, October 30, 2007

God 1, Martha Stewart 0

I really think, (don’t swat me) the last time I stepped foot in church was quite a few months back - and it was in the basement for a Boy Scout’s Chili Dinner.. Shame on me…

Driving into work today… I lit up… How can one wake up, walk out the door, begin the day this time of year without Holy envy…

Driving in - traffic was sparse (thankfully) so I had opportune to look over and view the trees… My goodness… Every year - about this time, He gets out His paint brush and goes to work… The orange, the burnt orange, the rust, the yellows, the salmon, the coral, the tangerine, the mahogany, the peach, the apricot,, the pumpkin, the persimmon…

ALL the shades of green, orange, brown - and inbetween… Strokes… He makes strokes.. And the change goes on daily… If you can drive by and not smile - you’re a stronger person than I… I look at it and wanna pee my pants and say “THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!!”.. “NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS I’VE SEEN IT - I LOVE IT - AND I AM APPRECIATIVE!!!!”

God works in mysterious ways.. Some days he kicks back and creates a blue sky for us to relax and observe (and probably Him too).. Some days he throws a little gray in there - and some aqua - and He refreshes everything…

This timea year is the master plan… He’s painting allover… He doesn’t care if you don’t have squat and live in Hooterville, he’ll make the surroundings magnificent…He even pretties up Mission Hills, Johnson County…

When you think of the expanse - He’s some kinda artist…

He makes these changes fairly rapidly - as if to almost say “Hey you.. Take a moment… Smile… enjoy life… enjoy the beauty.. Stare at the wonder…”

And then long about December he blows all the leaves off… throws a heapin’ helping’ of freezing mist on everything to wipe the slate clean… puts His easel away… and readies Himself for Spring… all the vivid greens…

I don’t know your take on beliefs… and please know I ain’t thumping here… But I don’t understand how anyone can be out and about this time of year - and not smile… not wonder… not thank… not enjoy.. not say a prayer… not believe…

I, Victurd, do hereby challenge you to drive a path… take in the surroundings.. And not smile…

I’ve mouthed off enough… I’ll leaf you alone… Orange you glad?.. Happy Fall to you… Happy Halloween… May the resta your week be spooktacular…Love, Victurd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The orange, the burnt orange, the rust, the yellows, the salmon, the coral, the tangerine, the mahogany, the peach, the apricot,, the pumpkin, the persimmon…"

Bobby thinks that your color descriptors bear witness to the amount of time you spend with women. A KCK guy would never describe it that way! JK! C.J.