Saturday, October 06, 2007

I been in the write place, but it musta been the wrong time…..

Just ain’t felt like writing… A confidence thing I rectum… Had a bit of a shock on the way home from Piggly Wiggly breakfast this morning… Stopped at the light… Green… went… noticed car beside me… looked over.. One young person (ok, 40-something, how’s that).. And three ‘dead people’ in there with him.. They were fighting to stay awake - I swear.. And just looking’ at ‘em.. You could see ‘em in their coffins… sad…

I/you possibly, are ‘tween that… the 40-something, and the dead-something.. Made me wanna peel out… dance… sing… walk… (close your ears) “that”… live… breathe.. Run… Victor, you can’t still run.. Screw you.. I’m getting’ an over fittie basketball team formed… ask them dead people… “hey, twenty five years ago, do you wish you’da played basketball? “What’s that sonny?”… uh huh, what I thought..

I’ma thinking’ we gotta keep movin’ to keep from being in the dead car... I seen dead people..

Movin’ today.. Me.. Four fellow High School hooligans headed to Columbia to watch the college football game between the University of Missouri and Nebraska… Will be 60,000 of us MU fans… and 10,000 Cornhuskers.. Good time… good eats… good drinks… good friends… good fun… movin’.. keep on a movin’…

Not long ago, 2001, I literally felt as if life was over.. Well… reckon I was wrong.. I wasn’t ready to be in that dead car.. It ain’t been remarkable - but I’ve had remarkable times… Drove to Biloxi, MS for a weekend of bliss… Been to the finest Bed and Breakfast in the state of Missouri, stayed in the finest room.. With the largest, blue lighted Jacuzzi you ever did see.. I went down the Mamba… Rode a horse.. Well, hope it counts even if the damn thing only stayed in the corner of the arena… Walked the French Quarters… The Katy Trail.. The 3-mile lap at Watkins Mill..

I’ve been privy to suites at the Chief’s games.. I’ve walked outta the Ameristar up a grand… I’ve camped next to the river… I’ve danced.. Same ole “too white - no rhythm, yet I still danced… I’ve been on dates in six states (Mo, Ks, Ia, La, Ms, Ar)… I’ve had BBQ’s, fancy dinners, dinners at joints you could write your name on the wall, outdoor diners, mom & pop joints, fast food joints, Piggly Wiggly breakfast.. Weddings.. Made out in a train car, a car, a truck, a van, an SUV, a boat..

Gifts.. Flowers.. “that”.. excitement… emails… notes… phone calls.. Overnights.. Weekends.. Live ins.. Swam in rivers, creeks, lakes, pools.. GoKarts, bowled, played softball, organized work outings to the Dogs, the Royals, a Sport’s park…

Bottomline, I guess, I ain’t dead… Dying.. We’re all dying… but I ain’t dead..

Gotta run… Victor, need we remind you you can’t run.. Screw you… I’m going to pack for the trip… and THEN, practice my crossover dribble you asswipe…

So we, the group ‘tween 40-something and dead - can continue to live/move/breathe, and stay outta the dead car. Here’s to living. Love, Victurd…

No comments: