Friday, September 29, 2006

I had a dream......

Ringggggg... Ringgggg.... Ringgggg...

"Hi... ahm this is Vic... I'm feeling kinda under the weather... I'm gonna go ahead and use all the resta my sick days, and all the resta my vacation, and then I'll take WOP until 2007... k?"

Get-chur motor runnin'... head out on the highway... looking for adventure.. and whatever comes my way... Yeah Darlin' go make it happen...Take the world in a love embrace... Fire all of your guns at once.. And explode into space..

I'll swing by my shade tree mechanic first - justa make sure this 195,000 mile piecea fine metal will make the trip... Then... I'll buy and open a 20 lb bag of cat food... along with a small wading pool for their water.. Heap big purchase of kitty litter... and... I mights go ask this one person to go wit' me...

Then, I'll take the $217.42 outta savings... (hell, life is good, gas is down)... and we'll roll...

Niagara Falls (inch by inch, step by step)... Cooperstown... the four dead guys in granite... the Grand Canyon.. (I know, this ain't exactly geographically in order)... Vegas... Highway 101... Seattle - then maybe the ferry over to Victoria... then the opposite kinda thing - San Diego over to Tijuana...

I ain't no prognosticator - but there's change in the air... The cats feel it (them sum-bitches get REAL fiesty - dash off to nowhere with absolutely no reason).. I feel it... The rollercoaster of life has eh, been on that tedious, slow climb back to the top - and that pent up - revved up - GOD I CAN'T WAIT exhilaration is near.. I feel it...

I didn't plan life this way - but I'm gonna suckup every ounce of it... One part of teaching I absolutely loved... I taught elementary PE... When those first graders would walk in.. in their nifty little straight line.. the smiles on their faces - sure - those were wonderful.. but it was the eyes.. the bright, wonderful, anticipation of "what's next?" - it melted me...

I wanna live the resta my life with first grade eyeballs... Whether you are comfy with the same thing every day... whether you enjoy change.. or.. are forced into change... may you have first grade eyeballs too.. May you're "what's next?" be wonderful...

Like a true nature's child... We were born, born to be wild... We can climb so high
I never wanna die... Born to be wild.... Born to be wild...

Happy day, Victurd

No comments: