Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sad existence?

Band camp (not really) a few years back – found myself in a bar with my cousin, somea his friends… can’t remember the function – I think a bachelor party mebbe… walking out – onea his friends remarked “wow… can you believe all the sad existences in there?”

Nuther band camp… I remember going to the local bar with onea the ex’s… Returning home I remarked something like “ya know… ya go in there… sporadically like we do and it’s the same people every time ya go… all these years… kinda sad.” I hope she’s not reading this – for I ain’t really in the mood to commend her (some non-actions of late) but she said…”eh… I dunno… that they’ve maintained friendships all these years… kinda weekly celebrate… I think it’s kinda a neat thing.”

Band camp last night… My sad existence included: tossing down a few with the fellas to watch the Royals win… going to the juke box… picking out “Ain’t too proud to beg” (OH that song runs thru me… not the words… the beat.. the rhythm.. the upbeatedness… it’s the CHILL of Big Chill..) and of course Chantilly Lace (“Grandpa music” one snotnose college kid referred to it as).. Talking to each of my ex-sister-in-laws for over an hour… reliving fun times past…
Visiting with two of my high school runnin’ buddies – planning a trip to Columbia for the MU-KU game… I guess that makes for a sad, sad existence. (Victor, you’re trying to justify acting like an idiot… shirking responsibility).. NOT SO… I fed the damn cats… I sat the trash out for the day… What else do I gotta do?

I worked until 7:50pm… I was a sad existence from 8:20pm until 10:10pm.. in bed, watched the news… very heavy sawing of logs until 5:30 alarm…

Tonight.. honest… I’m gonna clean my damn kitchen… Done did the living room, bathroom, bedroom, kid’s room… been avoiding/dreading the kitchen… Now it’s really a sad existence.. I’m reminded of my pa in his later years… Didn’t get out too much.. Entertainment was the History Channel (which he loved immensely)… The cats, whilst they do yap, ain’t really much for conversation… Close your ears – there’s been nights I go to WalMart just to see other/real human beings. Hmmm.. I know that at least the Greeter will say “howdy.”

Senorita Catom... I remember (an earlier Band Camp discussion) you speaking of your ex.. his life... how it becomes 'tired'... I hear ya.. I understand... but - I also ask... if it's the life he enjoys (and again I understand it's one you don't wanna partake similarly) - and as long as he doesn't do harm to anyone.. is it ok if he chooses to live like that? (Victor, you're justifying again...) Well talkback, I guess you could say that... but I know too that when I laugh.. when I feel... when I look forward to doing something - as long as I'm not hurting anyone - I think it's an Ok kinda thing. Straighten me out there Catom! (Don't be afraid to "Jane, you ignorant slut" me!)

So…. In retrospect Friday – I guess I will have to deem which night (Wednesday or Thursday) was the sadder existence..

Somehow, me thinks I know which will win out… Love, the Big Bopper ‘turd…

1 comment:

Check engine light said...

Yeah... I can see that... and sorry it has... Sorry kiddo