Thursday, June 01, 2006

To be or not to be.......

I notice the local paper now has a blog... A recent stabbing in the Midtown of our fine Metropolis touched off a virtually never ending verbal battle between bloggers from JOCO (one of the wealthiest counties in the US - just over the KS side) and Kansas Citians (fairly typical large city - mostly lower social economic residents)...

"What do you expect from a place like the point, or any other dump in Missouri, mid-town is a complete disgrace filled with trash, everyday something happens, I am dead serious, KCMO is a freaking wreck., All the way from downtown, past bannister mall."

Oh boy... the entries started a flyin:

"Because profanity is not allowed on this blog I will just say that if you don't like it here ... then get out." ATTA GIRL! You tell em baby!

"Frankly, I strongly agree with David. Jackson County -- KC, Raytown , and western Independence are becoming ghettos." WATCH IT BUSTER... I bet ura Jayhawk fan ain't ya?

"As far as I am concerned, Johnson County is at the top of my "Places most detached from reality" list. I live downtown and would not move to JC if you bought my off-white house for me, gave me a minivan and a Volvo, and even through in a $500 shopping spree at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Sometimes I sit and ponder how many Brads, Chads, Laurens, Abbey (Abbie and Abby too), and Chips I would have to meet before I puked. My guess around 12, give or take a Jon." HOLY SHIT - This is gettin' GOOD!

"I am very tired of all the judgmentalism that goes on in this town, and everywhere else. I live in Johnson Country and I love KCMO too. I go to Midtown all the time and have wonderful experiences. There is a lot of creativity and energy there. I love the diversity I see too. Both Johnson County and KCMO have good and bad points. Why does it need to be a competition?" BECAUSE GD... I'm trying to have a blog here and you - you Pollyanna - wish your washy way outta here! (--> to the tune of Dueling Banjo's: doo doo doo do do do do do do, da dah dah duh da duh dah dahhhh)

"yeah, yeah, yeah, the energy, the creativity of mid-town. puuuhllllease.. i am referring to the massive amt of crime, and general state of chaos in KCMO. watch the news"

"You do realize that the KCMO School District is only 1 of 14 school districts that serve Kansas City, MO, don't you? And that some of those other 13 districts are better than most you'll find in JoCo?"

"These comments about JoCo inhabitants are really offensive. I'm not from this area originally, but I don't see why it is that since I choose to live in JoCo, I'm viewed as being racist, or self-centered, or a non-advocate for diversity."

Twas interesting to read the banter... and a fairly good mixture of idiots, snobs, even those that try to be constructive, positive - from both "teams".

The end result - agreed to disagree... respect other's rights to live where they want.. shop/dine where they want... and shutthehell up if you don't like some place/someone.

ME? KCMO or JOCO? If I had a choice, where would I live? Hmmmm. What's Elisabeth Shue's address? Hehe... Neither. Admittedly, if I lived in KCMO I would nervously smoke more cigarettes than I do now. Yes, I'd be scared. I KNOW every area ain't like that - but it is a real and valid consideration. Sad that 2% of folks ruin it for all...

Not no but hell's no I wouldn't live in JOCO. (Catom - don't slug me.) You can have the hustle-bustle of Metcalf.. Somehow my '93 Taurus checkenginelightbumperfallingoff - Iain'tgotparkanymore just wouldn't fit there. For my own person - it's simply too fast paced. Reverse discrimination? Eh mebbe. Too bad a small percent of snobs spoil it for all.

I understand there are wonderful areas of each - and wonderful people as well.

Really where would I like to live? I can see me with some overalls... maybe no shirt - 'pending on how my albino-like skin tenders up... a packa maybe 3-4 dogs.. a few barn cats... a hill with which to walk down so I can do so and not be able to see a sole on the planet... a ranch with 2 bedrooms... (one would actually suffice but I think Maynard is gonna be a "free agent" a hair longer)... gravel driveway... where I can walks and gets the morning paper in ma undies. (They be MU undies BTW.)...

Silence... that's where I'd like to live... The only audible sounds would be nature's sounds... Hello darkness, my old friend - I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping -Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain - Still remains
Within the sound of silence

Whispering --> happy day now... bye bye, victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»