Monday, June 12, 2006

Ahm, blog boss?

This is Victor... you know.. I sit in cubicle 17E and faithfully write almost every day... "Yes Victor" the blog boss answered "how may I help you?"... Oh boy could we talk for a few hours on that one! (Well.. you can take Maynard to a padded room, surround him with shrinks, give him meds, diagnose [me thinks it's IED <-- read on THAT one - it ain't a happy thing].. you could come help with my yard - it's grown over - over 3-4 years of depression --- weeds thrive in depression -- they take hold of what was once "happy spots" ---- you could take onea them checkenginelight monitor computer thingy to my car and find out why the checkenginelight thingy always stays lit... and... lemme see.. can u loan me about fit-teen thou.. and find me a buyer for my house.. u know, someone like Jose Feliciano or Stevie Wonder mebbe... then, I'd likea one way ticket to Clearwater...

Ok - I formally apologize kinda sorta in advance of the pity party. You see, at 6am this morning - I was asked if I'd ever seen such-n-such a movie by Mel Brooks.. I don't think I have - and responded the same - and I got in trouble.. and then words were flung... and I said "I don't want to fight" and MORE words were flung... terrible, mean, chill to the bone things were said.. no, objects didn't fly - but we're scarred anyways by words...

So.... driving into the office.. I thought about "you are strong Victor.. sit your butt down and write something fun, hopefully funny... don't allow him to affect your mood...you're beyond that..." But I can't. So reckon I'm apologizin'. I've allowed someone else to predispose my disposition. < Linguists out there - can that be said like that? Hehe. IED. Read about it.. That is if ya wanna. I live with it. One site I read said "IED may predispose people to other mental illnesses, such as depression and anxiety and substance abuse problems." Wow - does that hit home.

So..... downer eh? So solly - I'd love to have GPS witha brain and see how you'ns out there take life like a fastball to the chest protector - and get back in the box to do it again. Worn down today I guess I am.

But... it won't be long until I get refreshened... in fact, onea my fav things to do at work here (yes, I'm 53 - hard to believe) is walk in the direction of a co-worker - knowing his/her eyes are on me... stick my index finger in my nose for a short - immediately followed by sticking my middle finger (same hand) in my mouth. Yes, stupid things like that help me battle the IED I live with... Today, I'm overtaken - but I'll be better.. and I feel better coming... so thanks for listening and thanks for caring... have a wonderful week... I can't wait for St. Louie.. THE Mill. Ya'd haveta see it to believe it.. but that's a story for a different 'disposition'... toodles, Victor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»