Monday, June 05, 2006

Likeability.....

Today’s little fax times thingy we get at work talks about “likeability”.. It’s a motivational thingy… Relates likeability to sales.. “People like people who are genuine, pleasant, sincere, easy to talk with and friendly.”

Speaks of Sally Field’s acceptance speech at the ’85 Academy Awards when she won Best Actress for “Places in the Heart.” She received a standing ovation – and could barely contain herself… “You like me! You REALLY like me!”…

Dale Caregie provided a helpful hint at being more likeable when he said: “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”

Shit. That rings true – and makes me wonder if blogs are simply as selfish as they can be… Do you know people who – after you’ve talked to them for 20 minutes on the phone - they haven’t learned/asked one thing about you?

Ok…… I’m asking… Are you out there? Anyone still swing by here? Tell me how your are – please update your life… Catom? Jaime? Rae? GRACIE? Cherryl? CJ? Kendra/sister/friends? Anyone else still here? I LIKE YOU.. Please gimme a synopsis of how life is… I’d loveta hear – I really would…

Happy day.. bye bye now, Victurd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Victor,

If likeability is the "word" you are probably the poster person for it!!!! All is good in my world, but I've loved reading your stories and hearing your thoughts. Sure does start my day out with a smile, so thank you Victor.

Hope you have a great, great day!!!

Rae

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested