Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Yesterday.....

All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday...

Wow - prophetic of Paul. And, whilst we're on Paul - I gotta apologize to him. I had forgotten he'd stayed with Linda for all those years - and I'd forgotten her passing away from breast cancer. That bastard got my sister as well - so I shouldn't have joked about "When I'm 64" and the timing of his new chicky leaving him.

Suddenly
I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday
Came suddenly

I really do love this world - this earth.. I really do enjoy the uniqueness of all. It's fun to sit back and watch people respond to the same things differently.. Different sizes, shapes, colors.

Martin Luther King had a dream. He didn't quite make it to see it materialize - but he was in great part responsible for the dream coming true.

I had the dream of Ward, June Cleaver... growing old to be Grandpa Walton... Finishing the ride out on Golden Pond. Funny (I guess) how shit slips from the graces and there ain't one GD thing you can do about it - except - make the best of today.

Yesterday we talked about tomorrow. Today we spoke of yesterday. What about today?

Why she had to go I don't know
She wouldn't say... I said something wrong now I long for yesterday...

Sure - I loved her - but, when you ride off on a Harley, you ride off on a Harley. For that reason - t'ain't here to talk about that. Tis just the demise of a dream - doesn't matter the 'actors' in the play.

Yesterday love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away oh, I believe in yesterday..

So.... I've decided to move to Florida and get me a job workin' on a cruise ship getting paid to dance with bluehairs. Hehe.

Funny... If my old brain remembers well enough - the album that contained Yesterday - the next song was an upbeat Dr. Robert. I was too dumb/naive (probably still am) to know this was about their NY doc who supplied them with speed and other things... but I remember just hearing the beat, tone, upbeatedness of the song made me forget the sadness of Yesterday.

I'm not down - I'm blogging - "thinking aloud". Honest to goodness, my mother's greatest advice was "The secret to success in life is how you deal with Plan B." (Hey Victor, she was #2, get with the alphabet, you're on Plan C). FU talkback, haven't seen you in awhile - and to be honest - seeing you is like meeting someone from high school in the grocery store and they look ten years younger than I. Oh well, yeah.. maybe I'm on Plan C.

Nonetheless - I'm not a horse with blinders - I'm truly enjoying the ride through these uncharted, unplanned waters. Time traded taking relationship in part for granted is now spent observing the human. What better art is there to enjoy.

Happy day... I'm on the road to visit Madame Ruth. Bye bye now. Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»