Friday, June 30, 2006

She's got freckles on her....... butt... she's pretty...

I think I've bored you before with that... Twas onea the songs my father usedta sing.. Brings a smile to my face to remember... Oh - and he sang Mack the Knife as well - embellished...

The hell do you sing in the shower? What diddie goes thru your brain? Driving into work today I started thinkin to myself "Victor, you dumbshit, you will never EVER Karaoke - but if you did - what would you sing?"..

Well... Paradise by the Dashboard Lights only cause it's fun... Anything old that Neil Young sings (for whatever reason I have abouta C+ sissyass high pitched voice sometimes when I sing)... Mebbe a Temps song... Or.. Play that funky music white boy... Funny what kinda stuff plops up to the toppa the brain in song...

Whadda you sing whilst dusting? Oh... I don't dust either - but I do sing in the car.. virtually all day internally to myself.. one octave lower than the radio...
I loveta blurt.. you know.. like "Daddy sang bass - Momma sang tenor".... we will we will ROCK YOU...

Or...... I DIG - rock-n'roll music... or... WHEEEEERE oh WHERE are you Tonight - why did you leavvvvve me here all alone... I've searched the world over and thought I found true love - Youuuuu met another and phpppp you were gone...

Does music rock or what? We can relive when our faces didn't have wrinkles and our bellies were flat.. Gives us the chance to revisit our loved ones at the height of their life - blocking our most recent memory of them as they departed this world..

Music's every bit as good (better) than drink... It can make an average gathering a fun let 'er loose one... I, at 53, personally love to max the volume (I think the young punks call it "crank") in my car - I forget all about mortgage payments, shaving cream left in crevices after the first wipe, the empty fridge, the yard awaiting to be mowed - all that crap - and frankly - I don't care what passerby's think -- as long as I know in my heart life is currently a rockin' - F'em. Music is an escape..

I would be mortified to see video of me dancing. Me thinks I'd never ever step foot on a dance floor again if I did. BUT, GD it's fun - to have rhythmic sound reverberate thru the bod - spiffy.

All kinda music for all kinda folks. "Music for the soul." Funny - the term harmony comes from music. Harmony is good. Music can make your brown eyes blue - can be so low ya can't get under it - can makeya feel pretty - oh so pretty -- or makeya take those old records off the shelf...

Music makes ya forget a lotta the ugly in life... Now what were we talking about?
Well - I'd better be runnin' down the road... I think I'll pack it in and buy a pickup... you say goodbye - and I say hello.. hello hello... So long
Farewell Aufwiedersehn Goodnight I hate to go and leave this pretty sight...Goodnight, Irene... hit the road jack.. we gotta get outta this place... dust in the wind... leavin' on a jet plane... The girls all look better at closin' time..

Happy day, bye bye now.. victurd

No comments: