Friday, June 09, 2006

Si'..... No....

Immigration... I'm here because of immigration some five generations ago... I somewhat hate writing about this - because I consider myself of average intelligence - and perhaps not well versed to write on the topic..

I take drives and see all the open country - and wonder "why not?" I see three broken down pickup trucks pullup to my neighbors house - twelve men emerge - in 11 hours straight - through sultry, hot temps - a new roof is put on by unmatched hard working men. Low bid is a certainty - roofing is crappy, tedious work - so I think "wow... if 'this is the life' to them - how bad must it be where they came from?"

To come to the United States now - you have to be coming to join immediate relatives (parents, children, spouses or siblings), to be a student, to do a job, to start a company, to invest money; you have to have a reason that is much more concrete than simply "because I want to."

I'm going on a limb to say most that have come here illegally have done so because they've simply not been educated about the correct procedure. "We", the fat cats that have been implanted for a decade or so - scoff at the idea of immigration - and forget the fact "we all came from somewhere."

Not sure if I've got all the facts exactly - but close... Myrna Dick is a 31 year old mother living in Raymore, Missouri. Soon, very soon - she's probably going to be deported to Mexico - to be separated from her son (born 2004) and her husband.

Myrna came to the US in the 80's at age 12... She had grand mal seizures - her family sold everything - and by virtue of a temporary visa - settled in Texas so Myrna could get the necessary medical treatment she needed.

It's uncertain why Myrna was passed over in the 1980's amnesty - her parents and most of her siblings were granted citizenship or permanent residency then.

In 1998 - Myrna crossed the border into Mexico to attend the funeral of her grandmother.. Upon her return to the US - it's claimed she used a false alias - claimed to be a US citizen - was supposedly fingerprinted during this time... Six years later - they went after her... but... she had a US citizen in her belly so she couldn't be deported at that time...

Barring an appeal from the Supreme Court - she will soon move to Tijuana Mexico - her son and husband to South San Diego - and a commuted marriage will exist. The government said she lied and that the lie makes her ineligible to ever live in America.

Just one man's opine - but I feel this is wrong. Yes - I agree everyone should contribute to our tax structure - yes, it's wrong to have the so called "free ride" - but that ride is generally not the Accountant, the Sale's rep, the Stockbroker, the Mortgage Loan Officer ---- it's the produce picker - the hotel maid - the roofer, etc.

I see nothing wrong with allowing those here to stay here - with the stipulation "you've got such-n-such amount of time to repay projected back taxes."

Yes - with 911 - border protection is certainly critical... We're criticizing the wrong ones though - again, just my opine. To me, sending Myrna back makes no sense - and doesn't make me very proud of the decision of the Government that represents me. Perhaps she did lie. Geez, that never happens in Congress eh?

I'd love to hear your opinion...adiĆ³s!, ¡hasta luego... Victor'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»