Saturday, July 28, 2018

Thank heaven....

for little girls...

Awakening at 4-something am (it's ok, I'd had at least six hours of sleep by then) I prepared, and started, a pity party. I do that. I hate that. I'm human. Forgive me Father for I have worried. Did worry. Worried.

In this day and age, where Encyclopedia Britannica was replaced by AOL dial up, leading to today's instantaneous answers via Google - I did that. Yes, it did help. It helped me with suggested ways to stop overthinking - there were 12 of them, but now I can't find the dadgum article to reread - but agin', it did help.

Alas, found it. If you overthink, shame on you. JUST KIDDING! HA.. If you might find it helpful, some steps are:

Put things in a wider perspective... will this matter in 5 years? Or even 5 weeks?

Set short time-limits for decisions. Small decisions, 30 seconds. Big'ns, 30 minutes.

Stop setting your day up for stress and overthinking. Get a good start, read something uplifting over breakfast. Single-task, with regular breaks.

Minimize your daily input. TMI, phone, inbox, Facebook, yada.

Become a person of action - consistently - leads to less procrastination, less overthinking.

Realize that you cannot control everything.

VICTOR, maybe this crap doesn't apply to me? Well, perhaps it does to some, so, throwing the net in the ocean to maybe help, nab a couple that do this occasionally (overthink) in addition to yours truly.

Say stop in a situation where you know you cannot think straight.

STOP! JK, kinda sorta!

Work out. Oh my brain does, like a damn hamster on a wheel, but, me thinks the idea is something more healthy.

Get plenty of good, quality sleep. Eh, I had six hours. OK, OK! I'll get more soon, trust me! I loves a good nap!

Be aware of overthinking and remind yourself throughout your day.

VICTOR, all WELL AND GOOD, but what the heck does this have to do with "Thank heaven, for little girls"?

I thought you'd never ask. Little girls grow up, many become moms.

There ain't nuttin' on the planet as special as a mother.

One can 'clear the cache', act, say stop, work out, sleep/sleep, widen perspective, Google self help Goodies until the cows come home. (Crap I even Googled "where the hell did 'until the cows come home' come from?".. Gooogle tells me it means "not for a long time", ie then, a long time. Presumably the time is referred to is when the cows return to the barn for milking.)

And, the milking brings us back to mom - as in, der ain't nuttin' as special as mom.

All the suggestions,self-help, anti-anxiety meds, anti-depressant pills, all - don't/can't hold a candle to dear old mom.

Pity parties lead to "NOT FAIR!"... which leads to the mirror.. which leads to "you stupid idiot, there are MANY, MANY, worse off than you."

Many lost their mom at an early age. Some, wait in houses by the border, not knowing if they'll ever see their mom again. I was lucky, I know. I am lucky, I know. Whilst my mother is gone, the comfort, love, valuable lessons, hugs she gave me are within, still today, some 31 years later.

I HATE when OLD PEOPLE tell me what to do......... BUT... (hehe).. if you're lucky enough to have your mom, go, today if at all possible, and give her a great big ole hug. If ya can't, call her. Make sure that L-word comes up somewhere in the conversation. Everything, sadly, ends. The day might be closer than you'll ever imagine to awakening at 4am having one of those "I want my mommy" moments. So, go ahead and label this dude a pansy. I make no apologies for saying/thinking that this morning. Little boys, yes, even 65 yr old little boys, want their mom (every day.)

If you ever have an "I want my mommy" moment - it's ok. It means you have a solid foundation. You had special moments, days, weeks, years. You enjoyed having someone who loved you more than anyone else - and thankfully, that love was returned to them.

Victor, I can't believe you just did a blog about wanting your mom. Believe it, it's true - and it's a good bet there are many just like me who experience/think that - and I, for one, am proud to admit it. It speaks volumes about her.

Thank heaven, for little girls - moms particularly.

Love, Victurd


No comments: