Thursday, July 19, 2018

A little diddy, about smack and cayenne..

(sorry, couldn’t thinka nuttin’ else that rhymed.)

Smack is cheap, cayenne is hot,

Gonna be a good day, will it not?

I once was lost, but now I’m found……..

Thanks for picking me up at the People Pound.

I was mad, and then sad, then figured, life’s too short,

I should laugh instead, snort snort snort.

Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged the comb across my head…

Looked horrible, took a shower instead.

This day I promise, to do good, pay it forward, not be a sap..

But first, in order, a 2 hour nap.

This is nonsensical… blogger, where’s your head at?

Not sure if I would, or wouldn’t say that……

I tire of ‘the usual’, that’s for sure,

Be weird like me, a pretty good cure.

Today is trash day, put your containers out,

Trash on the curb, not from your snout.

Steering a boat, is easier with a rudder,

Just wrote that, till I could think of anudder.

It is said it’s much, much better to smile than frown,

Hard? Walk on your hands, looks good upside down.

If you’re old, tried that, tripped over your dog, fell on your butt,

Never said “Simon Says”, blame your damn mutt.

Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry,

I’m old, gotta pee, great big hurry.

Is there a name, title, moniker for this 2-line poem style?

Can’t thinka one, but understand it comes in a pile.

Victor? Pretty stupid. Ain’t you gotta/gonna go play golf?

I’ll do what I want, when I want, so, maybe bug off?

Maybe you’re right, and I should go,

Drive for show and putt for dough.

Victor, you really suck at golf, don’t be sucha jerk.

Yeah, you’re right, but beats the hell outta work.

And Victor, I wouldn’t post this, it’s not very good.

Bite me mister, didn’t you mean would?

Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry,

Smile today, Simon says hurry.

Love, Henry Gibson Cougar Mellencamp

No comments: