Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Stolen Pooh.........

"When else fails, take a nap."

Whenever Winnie, that's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it. Naps are an elixir to "I've had all I can takes and I can't takes no more." They also happen at that moment where you've done something(s) exciting, witnessed something(s) exciting - so much good has happened - the mind says thanks, the bod says "woah Nellie" - I'm gonna melt into the mattress as I've sucked up good.

"A day without laughter is a day wasted."

The older I get, the more I appreciate laughter. Not a great fan of "LOL", but, I certainly notice when it happens, thank when it happens - and make note of why it happened. I kinda automatically 'download' that laugh, save it for that moment when the rollercoaster is on it's descent. Whenever, Winnie.

"What day is it?" asked Pooh.
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.

To those who might scoff at such a disgustingly (wonderful) take on life - I think I might need a nap. Retirement, of course, lends credence to not giving a rats about SMTWTFS - but this ain't about days of the week. It's about attitude, knowingly combatting "days of the weak." For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Hold the phone there Isaac, laughter breeds laughter. Feel good conjures feel good. Correctomundo though on one's take of "Oh shit, it's Monday." Richard and Karen had it wrong, rainy days and Mondays should be favorite days. Or, to quote Winnie again, "whenever life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles."

"We'll be friends forever, won't we Pooh?"
"Even longer."

Kibosh, some say, to hearing "I love you more!" I kinda likes it. Friends too, must ride that rollercoaster, must take those naps, respites when "I've had all I can takes and I can't takes no more." Naps and friendships are all about rejuvenation. When two lean, they seemingly walk upright easier.

"As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen."

The whole gamut. Friendship. Mates. Family. Jobs. Coworkers. Schoolmates. The man (or woman) on the street. The dude next to you on the bus. Your teammate. Even opponents. Whenever Winnie, I like that.

"How do you spell love?" asked Piglet.
"You don't spell it, you feel it," Pooh replied.

The eyes of wonder, the magic of touch, the comfort of a smile - all, speak, without being aloud.

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun."

Said many, in the however years we've been afforded here on the planet, at every age.

"Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me, and be my friend."

Said introvert, extrovert, lefthander, right hander, night owl, early riser, "from the Left", "on the Right", black, white, red, brown - all. "I can sing a rainbow" I believe is how Peggy Lee put it.

"The sun still shines, even when it's hiding."

A take, and a quite nice one at that.

To those that ain't a fan of rose colored glasses, that prefer sour gum drops on Mondays, naysay, doubt, fear, frustrated, despair, depress, disillusioned, hate, pained, offended, pessimistic, uncertain, uneasy, wary, all the damn negative sensations you care to muster up:

I happen to see having a honey jar stuck on one's nose as a good thing.

It is, has been, thankfully, a buncha Pooh.... Yes, poo poo happens. I could envision Winnie saying "HEY! Let's use it as fertilizer to make things grow!".. Whenever Winnie, thanks..

Love, Victurd





No comments: