Sunday, February 14, 2010

Change….

One thing I’ve noticed. Change happens.

Undies. Tires. Residences. Mates. Pets. Jobs. Schools. Change back.

Today is Valentine’s Day. Also, whatshername’s birthday. Changed. Usedta be, I better dare not forget a gift denoting EACH occasion. Now, today - it’s simply breakfast at Mickey D’s, read the paper… a quick trip thru the Piggly Wiggly… and observing many a man toting out a dozen or two overpriced roses. (Hope it works for them… even if overpriced, ain’t much in comparison to hooker I rectum. ) And, just anudder day.

Tomorrow is President’s Day. Changed. Usedta be a day for Honest Abe, and a day I called George Birthington’s Wash Day. Usedta get ‘em both off. Now they’ve compacted the bastards - and I gotta work. Change.

Weather. Changes. Especially here in the (said with love) God awful Midwest. Never understood that expression: God awful. Talk about a big difference. A HUGE change in meaning. Global Warming. Change.

Outlook. We change that. Titillation to down-in-the-dumps. Lotta controlling factors. They change.

Words. Change our everything. You’re hired. You’re fired. I’ll never trust you because you said _____. I’ll always love you because you said ______. Til death do us part. Change. Our house. Her house. His house.

Looks. We roll out. As baby. Cute. We all are, or so they say. Dote. People dote. Terrible two’s. Change. Puberty. Change. Middle age - change. Still mebbe weigh the same, it’s just all a little more South. Old age. Hate that grey - wash it away. Windows just underlined grey, meaning misspelled. When’d they change that shit? In school, how I was taught to spell it.

Brown spots, wondering ear/nose/eyebrow hairs. Change. A bit harder to get up. Tie shoes. Change.

Buddy can you spare a dime? Change. Forecast. Change. Little electric heater that has so comforted me as I loiter behind this keyboard just “zapped” and stopped working. Change. Brrr. Gimme Florida, I want change.

We thrive, fail, achieve, believe, stress over, elate over - change. Change is a constant. Close your ears. I do laundry, dependent upon (changing) mood - weekly, or bi-weekly. When done weekly, I change undies daily. You know the rest on bi-weekly. Please don’t ‘flip’ out.

New page. Change. Can’t see the other page. Kinda like life. Sometimes yesterday is hard to see. Sometimes it’s as if we’ve revisited. As we’ve gathered in planning this upcoming 40th High School Class Reunion - obvious change. Sometimes shocking. Sometimes not. Seeing the list - trying to put a face with a name. Change.

They say, the more things change, the more they stay the same. I poo poo that notion. Scroll to grey, President’s Day, Valentine’s Day. Flat tires.

Analog sucks. Hey, United States, let’s go digital. Okay. Bought $12 antenna. Didn’t work. Better change and upgrade. So, some $40 antenna later, I still get the same channels - pic maybe a hair better - but now, when it storms, the bastard goes satellite on me. Can’t see. Pardon me, a stupid change.

Windows. They upgrade that shit all the time. What usedta be cinchy, now takes twelve more clicks. CHANGE. Gotta have it. Gotta do it. Keepin’ up with the Jone’s, the Mac’s. Why?

Well enough. We fuck that up too. Sorry to cuss. Older I get, bothers me less though. Change. I don’t say that word to imply what some would call ‘disgusting’ (others see it differently.. A change from the goody two shoes.).. I use it for emphasis.

Better go now. Gotta change printer cartridge. Fucking heater. (Again, sorry, kinda.. For emphasis purpose only.) Gotta change into warmer clothes. Temps changed in here. I can now see my cat’s breath. Brrrr. Gimme San Diego. Need change. Seasons change, just not fast enough.

Ain’t done laundry this week. Please don’t flip out over that. Got plenty of change to do so. Just changed my mind, don’t think I will. People of WalMart emails. Wow. Change from the norm. What is norm? Is there sucha thing Cliffy?

Buddy can you spare $6K for a new roof? I’d like to change the looks of this joint. Can’t without new roof. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Change is everywhere. Change lanes. Change directions. Change hobbies. Change lobbies. In England, change Bobbies.

Seen them dollar bills where u can go online, see how many times that shit has changed hands, the where the when. Speaking of shit, it changes too. VICTOR!.. Sorry, does. All depends (hehe) on appetite, menu, wellness, lack thereof. Change is a mo-fo, but without it, life (and poo poo) would be too regular. Save your change. Spoil yourself one day. Change adds up. Love, Victurd.

No comments: