Monday, February 22, 2010

Bassackwards......

The weird thing - to me - about blogs, is they're like a bassackwards book. You have your library of the world, thoughts... ya type... ya pickup 'the book' (blog) and you start at the last page... insteada the intro, Chapter 1.

Soooooooooooo.. this will probably be nonsensical to those that stop by. (Victor, you idiot - aren't you aware YOU'RE the only one here, and more than likely the only one who EVER stops by?).. Yeah, prolly... Oh well.. (Oh well, btw, is onea my alltime favorite Fleetwood songs.. mebbe only 2nd behind Oh well Part II... a blog for another day?)

Sooo... the knots in the tummy... the worry of the drive.. blizzard conditions.. the rear-wheel drive '99 Dodge Van... no reverse.. surely I'll have a 2 foot mountain of snow at the edgea my driveway to 'hop' over before I even attempt to make it up onea the three hills I have to undertake just to get the hell outta my neighborhood.

Alarm set for 5am. Peepers opened at 3am. Dayum. Nerves. Tummy. Tarkio. Got my phone, but whothehell would I call if I'm 3 wheels in a ditch somewhere 'tween here and work?

4am news.. Hey, the broadcasters made it, maybe I can too.. 4:10am, reset the alarm for 5:30am.. "that'll still gimme enough time."

Started van up. Snow up over the houseslippers, tis ok. It kept dying when I took my foot off the gas... Twenty-third try, finally it kept running.. Yippee.. The street crews had been by, road infronta the house actually not too bad. Nuther Yippee. Pile created by snowplows in fronta driveway only one and one-half foot. I think I can I think I can.

Showered. Shaved. Dressed. Fed the damn cat.

Shoveled. Actually shoveled. I know my neighbors will have coronaries, but I, Victor, actually shoveled my walk. Layer of ice underneath the fresh snow. Knots in tummy again. "Yes, that Victor, he was an Ok guy.. did u hear how it all ended on 435 at that ravine over by Worldsa Fun?". Hehe..

Baby slips going up largest hill.. whew.. Ran the stop-sign atop, who cares.

You know what? The drive in was pretty uneventful. I'm sure there's one of the crevices on my face I've created over the years thanks to nerves/worries that's maybe a little deeper today - but I made it. I even saw the speedometer get up to 65 once. Dayum.

Perhaps even weirder - my last game ever coaching - we won the Missouri Women's Small College Basketball Championship against... Tarkio. Uh huh. Did.

Shows to go - mebbe sometimes things ain't as bad in life as ya think. We'll make it. You'll make it. I'll make it. I likes life - even when worrying about knots in tummy, Tarkio, blizzards. Tis interesting. Slip sliding away - love, Victurd.

No comments: