Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Life and the Microsoft Word Document.......

To me, writing is kinda like living. You open this window thingy, there it is all blank, pure – and you gotta put your tippy toe down, type on the keyboard (patoeey on Dr. Laura’s sometimes ‘look down on you’ attitude – but I did, oh I did/do love her “now go take on the day.”)

Blank. Nuttin. You gotta color it, decorate it – or not. You can hide in the corner – you can jump in the middle and start hootin’ and hollerin’, however you wanna tackle, life, the Microsoft Word Document.

You can up them fonts, u can change colors, shades or you can be the bland ole, regular ole regular Times New Roman.

Most of us paint ‘em similarly daily. Not much dare in there to push the envelope, peek over the ledge. Nope, keep ‘em right down the middle – perfect margins on each side, laundry actually inside the hamper.

I love goofy. Outside the box. Fun, shock value. Makin’ a point to have fun. Whistling. I love to whistle. Can’t sing, might as well whistle. People hear and say “you’re a happy bird today”, so, hell, I keep whistling. Works.

Page after page of living, ultimately make-up who we are. Sometimes, we try in vain to get that keyboard to word it just right – but some stuff iis just outta our control.

We look back on those reams of paper we’ve used… Onea my favorite diddies – “if I’da sat you down in High School and told you ‘here’s how the next 30-40 years of your life are gonna go’… what would you say?”… Well, close your ears, I’da said “you gotta be shitting me?”…

Hey – we’re at the helm. We control the keyboard. We can wake up and be an ass. We can wake up and be happy. We can wake up, wanna go back to bed because “yesterday sucked”. Waller, mire. Run, jump. Crank the music, turn down the music. Veg out in bed watching whatever.. go, be amongst friends. We paint it. We type it. We live it.

Funny. I just looked in the upper left hand corner of this Bill Gates Microsoft Word Document page thingy, and it’s indicating “Normal.” Basta doesn’t know me well eh? I guess that refers to ‘formatting’. Again, many live on cruise control. Many select grump and groan, as if there’s a hole in their muffler of life.

Others simply smile hella. I love them kinda people. Melts me. Whatta gift, the smile. It can be given to anyone, any age, any time, for whatever reason. Feels good to smile, feels good to be on the receiving end of a smile.

I kinda-sorta take pride in allowing this ole brain to conjure up fun situations, then happen to walk past someone, share a chit-eaten grin, and let ‘em think “whatinthehell has he been up to?”… Fun, I’ve been up to fun.

Taught Elementary PE back in the day. Had a very nice 5th grade teacher there.. happened to be the spouse of the Baptist Preacher in town.. Prim, proper, good heart. I’ll never forget though, her saying “I just can’t imagine anyone laughing, joking all the time, living like that.” Sure, there’s a proper time to be serious, but I ask “the hell’s the matter with fun?” Long as one carries out one’s responsibilities, doesn’t ‘cause harm to another……

We all have our opines. Our own “keyboards to our Microsoft Word Document page”.. Our own speed, style, attitude, speech, gestures, passions, ways……. Paintin’ the page. Typing on the page. This font, that font, centered, way to the the left.. Green, blue, red, or automatic black. Normal. Ital. Bold. Underscored. Spellcheck, hell no I ain’t spellchecking.

The beauty of a blank page. Our choice. Ya don’t have to ‘read my page’, it’s my page, my life. I’ll decorate that basta any way I wanna. Watch me. Regrets? Sure, who ain’t.
Tis ok, it’s my page, my life, my keyboard, my whistling, my smiling, my whateverinthehehell I wanna do – within reason, within the laws.

I love the blank page. I love ‘painting it’. I love watching others paint – even if it’s the same ole chit daily. I love those that jump outta the margin, dare to have fun. I feel sorry for those that don’t wanna type, paint, go – take on the day. Mired there for a time, it sucks.

Better get the hell outta here. I can see you yawning. Don’t blame ya. Hey, go. Take on your page. Your document. Dress that sucker up whatever way you want, or don’t want. I do hope it includes smiling, I do hope you have fun – if that’s a permissible thing for you. I do love watching you paint, type.

Life screams of reams. I love it. Love them. Love the page. Blank. Fill it. Happy Page, love Victurd.

No comments: