Sunday, September 06, 2009

But........... I believe in you.........

(Victor.. you can't start a sentence with 'but'. Watch me. Just did. 'But' out.)

I don't believe in superstars,
Organic food and foreign cars.

Not all that smart, but, with all the foreign automakers selling here, and the profits heading back to their lands… doesn’t seem like Cash For Clunkers made a whole lotta sense to stimulate our economy.

I don't believe the price of gold;
The certainty of growing old.

Mr. Williams, I’ll have to differ with you here. As one who usedta, reasonably fast, circle the bases, old happens. Brown spots happen. Crevices form. We get forgetful.

Where was I?

That right is right and left is wrong,
That north and south can't get along.
That east is east and west is west.
And being first is always best.

Sure. Russians, when we usteda beat them in sports in the Cold War days, would say “Russia 2nd! US next-to-last!”..

But I believe in love.
I believe in babies.
I believe in Mom and Dad.
And I believe in you.

Wow. Lot said there. Love is a many splendid thing. I was at a bar….. Imagine that. Buddy’o mine I REALLY have a lotta respect for. We each were of the opine “Whilst this is fun, free, frivolous, I’d much rather be home, sitting on the couch… with another.”

I feel very sadly for those that didn’t have good experiences with ‘mom and dad.’ I was lucky. We all struggle with self-worth, and I can’t begin to imagine how those experiences might have adversely affected you. God Blessya, and I loveya.

Well, I don't believe that heaven waits,
For only those who congregate.
I like to think of God as love:
He's down below, He's up above.
He's watching people everywhere.
He knows who does and doesn't care.
And I'm an ordinary man,
Sometimes I wonder who I am.

Again, hits home Don, thanks. I always thought your true religion is the life you lead and not necessarily the creed one professes.

But I believe in love.
I believe in music.
I believe in magic.
And I believe in you.

Love. When you think of love, “oh baby oh baby” of course comes to mind. To me, much more to the word. Yes, love of significant other, brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, grandkids… The word though, is limitless. Love of life. Love of sport. Love of occupation. Love of friends. Love of people watching. Love of the seasons. Love of outdoors. Love of protection indoors. Love of geography. Love of linguistics. Love of lasagna (or enter your choice here).. Love of coworkers. Love for the party. Love of smiles. Love of watching kids. Old folks.

Music. It’s an elixir. I’m generally tuned to Sport’s Talk enroute to/from work (cause the guys are hilarious) - but I too enjoy music. I sidetracks the mind from yuck. It penetrates the sole and causes excitement, relaxation, feel. We all enjoy our different types.

Well, I know with all my certainty,
What's going on with you and me,
Is a good thing.
It's true, I believe in you.

Well, again, situationally single. I have believed. Hope to again. I do believe in you here, your eyeballs. They lift me, and I’m thankful. I value our friendship.

I don't believe virginity,
Is as common as it used to be.
In working days and sleeping nights,
That black is black and white is white.
That Superman and Robin Hood,
Are still alive in Hollywood.
That gasoline's in short supply,
The rising cost of getting by.

I think this song was written in 1980, but oh is it time honored. “The rising cost of getting by.” The Superman/Robin Hood thing - I think it maybe means “being a kid all my life” and that plays huge with me. Fun is something else I forgot when defining love. I do think gas is in short supply, witness Iraq/Afghanistan and our occupation there.

But I believe in love.
I believe in old folks.
I believe in children.
I believe in you.

But I believe in love.
I believe in babies.
I believe in Mom and Dad.
And I believe in you.

I believe in Santa… hands held… Fun emails to/from friends… making out… smiles… giving pats on back when due.. Peace and civility.. Respectfulness.. Admiration.. Fritos (sorry, a personal fav’).. BBQ ribs… doubling down in blackjack (a rush).. That first cup of coffee.. The newspaper hitting the drive.. The crack of a little league bat (ok, ‘ping’ nowadays.).. Rainbows.. Blue sky days.. A fresh fallen snow…. (Close your ears) Watching ‘her’ get up to go to the restroom after. Sorry. Kinda. Little piggy in all us men I guess.

There are many people out there I believe in, and I’m thankful for all the times, moments, hours we shared to get to that point.

Organic food? Nah. Not me. I’m off to get a 300 burger from the bowling alley. If you ever venture to Liberty, MO.. It’s a must.

Bye old folks. Mom, dad. Babies. You. I believe in you. Love, Victurd.

No comments: