Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Off..... Just get off.....

Frienda mine... Emailed me her contribution to a "think before you speak" thingy she was reading... She shared hers... Now here it is for the world: (Sorry Connie!)

"We are outside amidst several people getting ready to go camping, yet stopped at the little store to pick up some things. I say quite loudly, "Hey, can I get Off in the store?" Everyone around looked at me and people I didn't even know starting laughing. I merely turned around and went back to the vehicle."

Hehe... I would think permissible if it was a Quick Trip... or mebbe Jiffy Stop.. or Jiffy Lube... IHOP might be a little obvious though... as would Gregory's Gourd Stand... (The ex, in her shopping at Price Chopper, usedta buy ONE cucumber.. drove me nuts.. "PLEASE don't buy just one - people are staring.")
In and Out Burger?... Outback would be Ok... Long Johns?...

This musta happened a few years back - for she said her kids will bring it up from time to time... I love stuff like that...

Whenever I needa good laugh.. I try to either think of something from the past in my own personal life - or from the wonderful world of TV/Movies we grew up in... I'm certain I've opened mouth and inserted foot - but perhaps I've killed off too many brain cells and just can't remember any specific story to share...

Soup Nazi makes me smile. Barney and his bullet.. Parenthood when Steve Martin's kid finally catches a fly ball to save the day and Steve's rolling in excitement like a dog on his back in the grass...

Belushi as the Samari warrior... The fart scene on Blazing Saddles.... Steve Martin - am I stuck here? When he told Lily Tomlin he TOO faked his orgasms..

Anything Tim Conway does... Harvey Korman a close second.. Momma's Family.. Chevy Chase on any vacation... Closer to home, onea our neighborhood kids named Ricky who had a schevere lishp when he talked... He'd say "can I schit by you guysh?"...

Red Skelton and his award winning smile... Letterman and his stunts... Homer Simpson, my idol.. Carson/Karnak... BeyBey's kids "we don't die... we multiply"... David Spade and his smartassedness... There's simply nothing like a good ole laugh.. No cares, no worries, just leggo o that couped up stress from down around the belly area...

Seated at the blackjack table the other night.. (no? YOU?) Alright alright, guilty as charged.. but hey, it's fun, I pay my damn bills, and I'm FIFTY-THREE for goodness sakes... Anyways.. Feller hada Chief's shirt on... Oriental dealer was trying to get conversation going... Said "Hey, do you bet on professional football?"... "Eh, a little bit" the guy chirped back... Dealer turns head to me... "No sir, I don't gamble." I guess you hadta be there..

Anyways... I promise I'd laugh if you shared things from your past that have made you laugh... Laughing is a good thing.. May they come your way frequently... HAppy HAppy HAppy day... Victurd.

No comments: