Monday, March 21, 2022

Training wheels to tennis ball walkers......

I've only just a minute, Only sixty seconds in it.  Forced upon me, can't refuse it.  Didn't seek it, didn't choose it.  I must suffer if I lose it.  Give an account if I abuse it.  Just a tiny little minute, but eternity is in it.

Who are you?

How did you become you?

When you struggled, erred, who was there to help you?

When they did, did they affront you, or, help you up and offer affirmation?

In the times of your struggle, your error, and no one was nearby - and you figured it out yourself - who prepared you for that?

Family.  What does that mean to you?  

Education, Rama Lama, Rama Lama Ding Dong - is seemingly funneled, focused upon us when we are children. We are led by parents, educators, many.  Does learning continue for you as you age?  If so, how so?  Reading?  Watching?  Listening? Trial and error?  

Strangers.  Your take?  Can live without them?  Intrigue you?

Friends.  We all have them.  Some closer than others.  Some, not nearby, but always a friend.  Why is your friend your friend?  Why would they say you are their friend?

The quilt of a person you are, ethically, and also regarding equality,. Who sewed that quilt?  When your time has come, will that quilt be unchanged - or, have their been occasions where you might have changed your view - and reworked part of the quilt of you?

You're with three friends at a table, on your free time.  Would you be the most talkative, the least talkative, somewhere in the middle?  Why so?

We all get mad at ourselves, sometimes don't live up to our expectations, have regrets.  When that happens, is it like the movie Ground Hogs Day and you can't shake it - or moreso, Gone With the Wind and there's no dwelling.  Are you comfy with whichever method you are?

Is saying "I'm sorry" difficult?  Which is easier to say, "I'm sorry" or "Nice job!"?

Is it easy for you to love?  Is it easy for you to use the word love?  Where'd you learn that, either way?

I struggle with how to communicate when other's suffer a loss.  I have a great fear of not saying the right thing.  Anyone like that?  I truly marvel at those that know just what to say.

Is asking for help difficult?

Are there any "I wish I woulda's" that it's still possible you could?

Is alone time important for you?  If so, why?

Your take on the youth of today?

Is it difficult to swallow pride and learn from someone younger?  Have a boss that is younger?

We all have people from our lives we wish we could call, but it's no longer possible to do so. Do you ever have whims where you pickup the phone and call someone you are thinking about? If not, why not? (Me, for example, I sadly have developed the attitude of "I really don't like the phone" and I would say that's probably not a good thing.  Anyone like me?)

You've decided to host a dinner for everyone near (proximity-wise) and dear. Do numbers, place settings come to mind - or, would you somehow find the extra chairs, tables to ensure people aren't left out?

If you knew your time would be up very soon, how would you capsulize your life?  What do you feel others would say?

I add this only because it helped me, and if it helps others, great.  I recently had a very good friend who was terminal, one, maybe two weeks to live and this person wanted me to come visit (and I very much so wanted to do so.)  There was great fear for me in this.  What should I say?  What if I cry?  I called my buddy who is a preacher.  His advice really really helped me.  "Doesn't matter what you say, being there is the important thing, and yes, it's ok to cry."

Lotta questions I know.  A lot of this stuff goes through my brain with pretty decent frequency.  I know with my Doctor, if I'm in needs of getting a prescription filled, the answer is "No, you need to come in for a checkup first."  Do you mentally play the role of your doctor, give yourself a self checkup from time to time, or, do you prefer the que sera, sera method?

I would love if you would comment, simply on life.  What's helped you. What's hindered you.  Folks you learned from. Regrets and how you handle.  Good stuff, and how you rejoice. Tricks of the trade that have helped you along the way PLEASE feel free to share - life is all about digging through the molasses, and any suggestions or ideas on things that have helped you - by all means, please tell us too. Thanks.

FYI, WalMart has tennis balls on sale for the remainder of March.

By Henry Gibson                          Forward by Serena Williams

Love, Victurd

No comments: