Tuesday, January 25, 2022

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza dear Liza.....

Like sands thru the hourglass, holy crap them sumbitches move fast......

Are we there yet daddy are we there?  Sit back Sonny, enjoy the locomotion.  Come baby do the locomotion. Do it holding hands if you got the notion, come on baby do the locomotion.

Or, you can sit back Sonny and just enjoy the view, ya never know.   Well this could be the last time, this could be the last time, maybe the last time, i don't know, oh no, oh no.

Cat, you know, Cat Stevens, well, he grew up in a big ole town.  As a teen he visited Spain, and he sat in a remote, spiritual environment where he had his best ever view of the moon, and the shadow it cast about of him on the water. I'm being followed by a Moonshadow.

One might think the lyrics are sorrowful, or, in mourning.  To the contrary, he would indeed find reason to enjoy his life were he devoid of certain essentials.. "If I ever lose my hands, lose my plow, lose my land (Oh if, I won't have to work no more.)

And if I ever lose my eyes (Oh, if, I won't have to cry no more.... And if I ever lose my legs (Oh, if, I won't have to walk no more.)  And if I ever lose my mouth (Oh, if, I won't have to talk.)  Leapin and hoppin on a moonshadow.

On the first part of the journey, I was lookin at all the life, there were plants and birds and rocks and things... the heat was hot.. but it felt good to be out of the rain..  i was on a horse with no name..  After two days in the desert sun, but skin began to turn red.... after nine days, I let the horse run free 'cause the desert had turned to sea.

Oh the trips of life.  The journeys. The hound pooches with their heads out the window.  How can you ride a horse across the damn desert and not give it a name?  If ya don't eat yur meat, you can't have any pudding.. how can you have any pudding if you don't eat yur meat?  Begs for a song of life about 'do this don't do that, can't you read the sign.'

Then there's that Rascal always talking about 'Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long, if you're going my way, well I wanna drive it all night long.'  WHO AM I to FLATT out offer lyric suggesions, hell, they're millionaires.. I woulda love the lyrics to have said "Life is a high way,  I DID IT MY WAY, I wanna ride it all night long,..."  Uh huh, scroll to that damn sign sign everywhere a sign.

Sittin' on the dock fo the bay ain't a bad way to waste time.  Time is on my side.  Yes Keith Richards, demonstrated, but, we just lost our beloved Betty. Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away - now it looks as though they're here to stay. Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be,there's a shadow hanging over me ("See, I toldya" Cat Stevens).. oh yesterday came suddenly.

I would anticipate though, Carly might suggest "And stay right here, cause these are the good old days... these are the good ole days <- repeat three more times like she did in the song.

I ain't heard no fat lady? It ain't over!  I think Jimmy Cliff (WHO?) might agree.. I can see clearly now the rain has gone. I can see all obstacles in my way. Here is the rainbow I've been praying for.  It's gonna be a bright (bight), bright (bright) sunshiny day.

I kinda likes the optimism of Smokey, and what he wrote for David, Eddie, Paul, Otis and Melvin. Who? No, not the Who. They should be known as well as John, Paul, George and Ringo.. I'm talking the Temptations.  "I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day.  And when it's cold outside, I've got the month of May."

Aging, I reckon, gives one that kinda optimism. Yes Nancy, the boots were made for walking, but, I'm gonna sit me down here on the couch for awhile.  Or settee, as you English chaps might call it.

Pink (Floyd, not plain ole Pink) says "Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain, you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today....And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.. no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.....

"And you run, and you run to catch up with the son but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death (DON'T SAY THAT FLOYD!).. 

"Home, home again. I like to be here when I can. And when I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones beside the fire."

I would use Dylan's The Times They Are A Changin' but I've never really been able to understand what he says, I'm sure it's good though.  Wonder how many times in life his wife has said "Huh?  What'd you say?" "It's like your words are somehow blowin' in the wind and I can't cipher 'em."

I gotta get up and go, do.  Whilst I can, man. All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....but I'm leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Oh babe.. ahm, Well, ok, but first, are you experienced?  (Jimmy, calm down, you ain't in this blog, wait your turn.)  But first, are you vaccinated? We'll need your vax card, a negative Covid test, all the user names, passwords you've had since you were twelve, you have the right to remain silent and the TSA reserves the right to personally frisk you.  Hmmm, well, OK, but I really wanna go to Fort Myers.  Yes, that would be wonderful, but all the flights to Fort Myers are cancelled until further notice due to employee shortages, notice?  If, when that time comes those flights resume, we'll see to it you get TWO bags of peanuts (provided there is no one on board producing a 'peanut dust allergy' certificate, in that case, we reserve the right to substitute pretzels. Do this don't do that can't you read the sign, love Delta (or United, or SW)..

Life, and it's hurdles. The hurdles get higher.  That ain't fair.  We can't jump as high. OK, at all.

Time does slip slide away.  Fun.  We gots to have fun.   You know, saying stuff like "The hell do I need onea them 25 year guaranteed light bulbs for?"  and... "I'll take 43 boxes of those thin mints, you see, I might not get' another chance."

Me and Otis are gonna go sit on the dock now.  Yes, we'll watch our moonshadow.  No horse - Life is a highway now. These are the good ole days for me and Otis.  Why, we might even grab a bucket of worms and do a little fishin' on the dock of the bay.

But Liza... there's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza dear Liza.

Then fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry, then fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, fix it.

By Henry (I fixed it, not kicked it) Gibson        Forward by Expedia

Love,Victurd

IhadtoincludethissentenceinprotestbecausemyGD(goshdarn)spacebuttonisstickingandI'vehadtogobackfourhunnerdandninetytwotimestoclickitagain.Ithinkit'sacursefromBobDylanformemakinfunnahim.BurmaShave.

No comments: