Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Alfie..

What's it all about Alfie
Is it just for the moment we live
I'd done a blog.. and a kind friend wrote "Thank you for spreading some love around, Vic. I think it's what you were born to do."  I love that I saw, read this - but not so sure I belong 'up there'. As I look at the mirror, of course old age has crept in - but what's aged me more is all the beatings, tongue lashings of Victor, by Victor. My mind, maybe all our minds, I dunno, can be dark.  I write to try to get the hell out of the dark. To stop overthinking, over-analyzing, to relax, to smile, have fun, love life - and I do love life.  One of my least favorite beginnings of any sentence is "Like I said,", but too, like I said, I write to me, for me, hitchhikers welcome.

What's it all about
When you sort it out, Alfie
Are we meant to take more than we give
Or are we meant to be kind?
My first thought this morning was the saying "For goodness' sake!" Being of what I call "C+ smarts" I needed to Google this, and as suspicioned, it's got negative connotations.  Suspicioned has got a red line under it, don't care, should be a word.  But why should "For goodness' sake" be negative? (And there's a lotta words you can substitute for 'goodness', you know what they are, up to and including 'Pete', whoever Pete is.)  Again, it's shouldn't be negative.To the contrary. The idea of life, to me, as it should be, is happy, fun, love, beauty. Not, "For goodness' sake, what is wrong with you?", but what is right with you.... Walk, love, be (kind, nice, smiley), for goodness sake.
And if, if only fools are kind, Alfie
Then I guess it is wise to be cruel
And if life belongs only to the strong, Alfie
What will you lend on an old golden rule?
There's that 'kind' word. Mr. Burt Bacharach and David Hal wrote this song..  Barbara Streisand was taking a taxi, heard it, thought "I should sing that song, but, I don't like the lyric about the golden rule," so, she called Burt, "nothing, it means nothing, it's just words needed to complete the sentence." She agreed to sing it and I'm glad she did, my favorite recording of it.
As sure as I believe there's a heaven above
Alfie, I know there's something much more
Something even non-believers can believe in
Beauty. As I've aged, my perception of beauty has been amended.  I went to youtube.  I watched as three people were interviewed about beauty.  They used words like tenderness... smoothness.. sound.. scent.. touch.. small hugs.. holding a hand that fits.. what a heart projects..  Nice, all nice, and all beautiful.
I believe in love, Alfie
Without true love we just exist, Alfie
Until you find the love you've missed
You're nothing, Alfie
All three of the people I watched on youtube were blind. One from birth, two had sight, lost it. Each was asked "if you could have sight, would you?"  The lady said "yes, because then my husband wouldn't be burdened taking me every place."  The oldest man said "maybe for one day so I could see my children.. maybe look at paintings, but I'm not so sure I'd want to be sighted. The one blind from birth really wasn't leaning at all to be sighted.. the three talked about dreams.. and this guy said "well, from what I gather from the news of the world today, I think maybe I'd be scared in my dreams, so no, I'm just fine!"
All three were strikingly VERY kind. Very happy.  Very understanding and at peace.  All that, to me, kinda sums up beauty.  Life and love.
When you walk let your heart lead the way
And you'll find love any day Alfie, Alfie

No overthinking, over analyzing allowed! Let your heart lead the way. Nice.  Kind.  Beautiful.

By Henry Gibson..  Forward by Ray Charles (one of the three interviewed.)

Love, Victurd

No comments: