Monday, November 05, 2018

You've got to be kidding........

Pepsi... Coke
Hatfield.. McCoy
North.. South..
East Coast.. West Coast..
Silent Generation.. Boomers..
Gen X.. Millennials
Red... Blue..
Continental Divide..

Calgon, take me away!

In this advertisement, a woman wearing a fluffy pink robe is seen in a chaotic home scenario. As tension rises, she utters "Calgon, take me away!".. The next scene shows her relaxing in a bath in a quiet room.

So Victor, you saying Calgon is the answer to bringing our Country back together? Nah, I was more dreaming of all this damn tension today, then being whisked into the bathroom with some hot chicky taking a bath.. hehe.. jk... kinda sorta.

Facebook is a quilt. I know it ain't for all, but I happen to enjoy it (mosta the time).. Life, lends friends (thankfully.) For most addicts like me, FB is comprised of old school mates, coworkers, former coworkers, family, buddies met along life's path, teammates, neighbors, teachers, coaches, fellow parishioners, etc., etc. Ya see a name, ya smile. Good times, happy times remembered.

Then, ya realize, we all don't think alike. WHAT?!!! Yep.

Some, have the wherewithal to never dip their toe into a political posting. Praise be you. I ain't that strong, usually. BOTH SIDES, guilty. The posts, streams, continue on.. The words seemingly jump from type size 10, to 14, to 18, to a hunnerd and sixty-two, to "You're a crazy _____________!!!" (Calgon, take me away to that hot, naked chicky in the bathtub.)

This quilt. This list of folks we've gathered, harvested friendships over time - the hell did we go wrong?

Reckon we didn't. That's still the neighbor you jumped the brook with.. And there's the buddy you went on break with every day.. That one, I sat next to her in study hall. Him and I used to play catch together before every game. Those guys there, remember 27 of us renting a bus going to Padre Island? We were immersed in fun, was all this crap happening then, and ifn's so, hows come we were oblivious to it back then?

I absolutely do not think it's a bad thing to 'grow up', have certain values, ideas, beliefs, yada. It's what makes our great nation, the ability, freedom to have our own beliefts, speak our own thoughts (or not), agree to disagree, - I admit to having difficulties with that one occasionally, I blame it on German/hardheaded heritage, ha. Some might say it comes with being a ginger, ha.

Calgon, take me away!

We know Victor, you wanna go to that bathroom with the hot, naked chick.

Well yeah, but I was thinking more about "being a kid again." Being a kid, you don't know about ugly, you don't know about hatrid, you get along, no matter if the other guy is fat, skinny, missing teeth, has money, ain't, is black, white, green, brown, yellow, red, lives in that big house, over there in that tiny place, can shoot hoops, sucks at it, whether or not he bats cleanup, bats last, has a newer/cooler bike than you................... we got along.

Sadly, hatrid is learned. We can't do that. Victor, practice what you preach.. OK, OK, I'll try... well, except for KU fans.. jk.. kinda sorta.. hehe.

Victor, it's all about winning. No it ain't. Sure, November 2018 is important, and sure, so is 2020. But we're old farts.. I don't remember who won in fitty-eight, sixty-two, eighty-four, ninety-eight, etc. You might, I don't. Win some, lose some. Hell, even after 16,000 victories, the Harlem Globetrotters fell to the Washington Generals THREE times over the years.

Fer sure, winning is great. The thrill of victurdy, the agony of defeat. Competition was fun, mostly. Heck, as a kid, I remember how avid I was when someone tossed a bat to me. You'd grip it in the middle. Then the dude on the other team would grip it just above your grip, then you'd grip it above his.. and you worked your way up to the end of the bat to see who batted first. I badly wanted to bat first, win.

Oh, this grown up stuff is nice. I like to drive. I like the ability to choose between Sprouts, Aldi's, Hy-Vee and the Piggly Wiggly. Being old entitles me to bitch about the weather, arthritis, "the damned youth of today", yada.

And SURE, I wanna win November 6... in 2020.. etc.

But... as we grasp our way up the bat, hand over hand, and we reach the top and I/we find we've lost, let's do like we did back in the day.. have some fun - then, ride our bikes together to Dairy Queen for a Peanut Buster Parfait.

Life, parenting, work, the GD (gosh darn) Income taxes - make us grow up.

That said, we don't ever have to let the kid leave us. I planta be a kid until the day I forget whointheheck you are, and soil my drawers uncontrollably.

Victor, you've got to be kidding?

Yes. I've got to be 'kidding'... It's so much more fun.

Indian Ball anyone? VICTOR, you CAN'T call it that! OK, sorry, even though I'm part Osage, I won't call it that.. anyone wanna play this baseball game where you don't run, but if you hit it through the infield it's a single, if it reaches the fence it's a double.. over the fence is a homer?

You've got to be kidding.

Yes, I am/will be. Calgon, take me away.. I'd like to go there to be 'kidding', naked hot chicky or not.

Love, Victurd

No comments: