Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Al Gore did it.......... in the Library.... with the Candlestick.....

Or mebbe, an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet of Facebook, Twitter, "My Network", "Your Network", Sorry - you can't get a cake here, you're gay... sorry, you can't eat here, you work for DT has your gut busting... (Enter scream-I'm-going-crazy-this-wears-me-out.. here).

I'm thinking it's mebbe enough, some dude/dudette, finishing a 10, 20 year prison term - after a few weeks of witnessing what's going on in our Nation might walk back up to the prison door and offer "Ahm, can you let me back in?"

Or, dudes/dudettes, on the phone of life, might ask the operator "Can you put me back on hold, I was really enjoying that Rolling Stone song."

Good. We need good. (Victor, you're preaching again.. I've seen your anti-Trump posts, your high blood pressure replies back-and-forth with that guy you used to ride around with in his Mustang 50 years ago. Yeah, you're right, I've contributed, apologies. I know that ain't enough, but what I think I can do is share "good.")

I went to the laundry mat yesterday - walked in, heard "Good Morning!".. No face in sight, I saw the restroom door open, apparently employee in there cleaning.. "Hi, and good morning to you." Soon she came out, but she didn't stop or rest - she wiped down every machine there, picked up boo-koo dryer sheets we lazy ones had left on the floor.. held the door for a mom with an overflowing basket of clothes (and a 4 yr old right behind her).. then, this employee accompanied the mom back to her car, grabbed another overflowing basket the lady had, toted it in, and all the while, she whistled, smiled, chit-chatted, worked, sweated, EMULATED good.... Good (get ridda)grief. The lessons we can learn from someone making $9/hour and happy to have the job.

It was a friend's turn at the Mickey D's drive thru window... She handed her card to the snotnose (said lovingly, hey, I was once a snotnose too), smiling snotnose related "Hey, good news, the guy in front of you just paid for your meal,".. I probably woulda said "Cool" and driven off.. not my friend.. she paid for the car behind her. Good (get ridda) grief.

A two year old girl was drowning in her pool... was resuscitated after two hours of her heart not beating on its own. Lack of oxygen, deep gray matter injury and cerebral atrophy.. could no longer speak, walk or respond to voices. The medical team at LSU Health New Orleans and the University of North Dakota, doctors were able to significantly reverse the brain damage (hyberbaric oxygen therapy) experienced by the toddler. Good (get ridda) grief.

Bilal Quintyne is an amateur boxer who had been preparing to go for a run with his trainer in Smyrna, GA when he spotted a 67 yr old lady sitting in her wheelchair. The battery had died, and in spite of being in a bustling area, no one had stopped to help her for 45 minutes and she was simply trying to get back to her senior living home. Even though it was a 30 minute hike (and the wheelchair itself weighed 360 lbs) Quintyne did not falter, pushing her back to her home. Pastor of his church got wind of this, presented Bilal with a plaque, a tee-shirt and a $25 gift card.. "I just felt so much love," Quintyne said, "I don't see myself as no superhero, I don't see myself as no great guy, I'm just a moral man doing what I was put on this Earth to do." Good (get ridda) grief.

Mona and Des Manahan have been married 56 years. As Mona's eyesight started to detiorate, Des took her to a department store to get her makeup done for a party. "I started messing with the makeup lady, I said, 'Look, you've got it crooked there, you did this wrong,' joking her".. "And then she handed me the brushes and said 'Well, you do it.' So, I started to do a little bit with it." Turns out, Des was a natural, so much so he ended up taking makeup lessons from the lady. Today, he does his wife's makeup every day, and quite well. News outlets found out about it, a celebrity makeup artist found out, invited Des to master classes in London... Mona and Des touched by the amount of attention that their marriage has received, but they say they're mostly just happy to take care of each other in their golden years. Good (get ridda) grief.

I message to me, for me, hitchhikers welcome. When your personal trash can becomes full to the brim with the every day yuck that accompanies our world ("This side, that side, arguments, discrimination, hatrid, murder, peace stalemate") Google "Good in this world today," there is plenty of it, thank God.

Good (get ridda) grief.

Charlie Brown

No comments: