Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Oh Beautiful.......

There are two ways to look at things. My way, your way, ha. DemWay RepubWay. Every which way but loose.

Nah, I mean.. I mean we can choose to smile... or not. We can chose to love unconditionally, or not. We can decide to enjoy life, see it as a thing of beauty - or, drop into a cocoon and fade away. Most, I really believe, see life as a thing of beauty.

Oh, I bitch, moan, groan about management/their decisions/mandates/thinking process - but other than that, (and mebbe a few on FB that have blinders on regarding their view - and they press on AND ON, oh yeah and vendors with an attitude.. damn Victor, chill, life is good) - Ok, but, but, but, I try to do/be ok, happy... see life as beautiful.

I've (maybe you've) loved and lost. But, there's hella winning there within. All beauties, each in their own way.

As the mems fade, so do the looks. I dunno how old your eyeballs are that have passed by this blog today - but, the definition of beautiful has changed as I've aged.

Today, I see beauty, perfection in a lotta things. Grandma's hands. My 2nd cousin laying in bed with her 90-something mom. A feller up the road in an assisted care living facility, a tad of forgetfulness setting in - but, he's recently announced he's 'getting married' to a lady he dated before starting his 60 year marriage with another.. he's gone from 24 hour recluse, to awaiting in the lobby daily, reciting "I hope I gave her the right directions." Whilst sad in that it's a façade, it too is beautiful as now he gets out, talks to people, has a renewed thirst for life.

The list goes on. Mother Earth. Oh, think back to some orgasmic views you've had out there. For me, the road to Hana in Maui and the endless natural waterfalls on damn near every hairpin turn. The Rockies. Any lake. The plush lawn of Kaufman Stadium. The old homestead. The two-lane country drive.

A few days ago, I was at my 5 year old grandson's birthday party, a couple of hours before the last chance to see Hos, Moose, Cain, Esky play together. I related to my baseball loving niece "man I wish I was going to the game." "Why don'tya?".. Didn't really have anyone to go with. Presto, not five minutes later, a friend of 50 years texted, "you want to go the the game?" Hell to the yes, let's go. Those four, the day, the fellowship, the weather, all things of beauty.

Whilst at this ballpark, I'd stopped to visit with a fellow brother of color, his just a little darker than mine, and this guy had the most incredible (beautiful) smile.. we talked Hos, Moose, yada, the recent few years.. then we switched to life, prayer, beauty.. it was only a few minutes, but it was truly a beautiful conversation. As I walked away, I shook his hand, said "I pray for peace".. "Me too, me too" he replied. Beautiful, at least to me.

The kid on the bike whose training wheels were just wrenched off. The toddler whose just made the transition from crawl to walk and the excitable look in their eyes. The reunion - where years have past, but hooking up eyeballs brings back the beauty of past memories. The entire family, a prayer said around the table preceding dinner.

The affixed eyeballs of a mutt. Watching them run like someone left the gate open in the backyard. Calling the name of your cat, seeing them look at you with the same disgust a bonifide superstar celebrity would, then turn their head away in a flash. Still, beautiful. Sometimes attitude is even beautiful.

Close your ears. Shit's gonna happen, to us all. I pray we wade thru it. Act above it. See past it. Life is a highway. Good follows bad <-- maybe the best advice I've ever received.

I peeked at the forecast. Perfect temps. A beautiful day, just like any other. 10/4?

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion’d stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev’ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life!
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev’ry gain divine!

O Beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam,
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

Love, Henry Gibson and Victurd.

No comments: